Devin Haney Was Exposed.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
  2. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Haney would be Lomachenko‘s 5th no mas victim.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  3. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    It aint close with Haney and lomo
    He would certainly cause problems for tanks walk forward style though

4. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Tank would tenderize devin

mark ant likes this.
  5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Jury is out. As it is with all the prospects but I do like Haneys attitude to take all the top fights now

suge, Ph33rknot, Rock0052 and 2 others like this.
  6. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yep, winning all 12 rounds easily means he's exposed.

7. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I don't think he was exposed.

I do think his team was highly unprofessional in how they handled getting the fight set up.

They knew Haney was going to be on this card from day one, and all the while they were yapping about Loma, they didn't bother to get an opponent lined up.

There's zero reason-NONE- that they should have wound up facing a Santiago on two weeks notice on a PPV card with that kind of exposure and lead time.

What does lining up an unknown, low-ranked spoiler do for Haney in any regard? It was a waste of a fight and a wasted opportunity.

That's not Devin's fault IMO. His progression has been fine overall, and his teams guided him well overall, I just don't know what the hell happened with this fight.

8. Papa_Bear

Papa_Bear Active Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I think the problem was probably to do with the WBC giving him the belt out of nowhere the way they did. Likelihood is Devin's team had a couple of knock-over jobs in mind against whom he could look spectacular in front of the "normies." However, once he was made champ the focus fell upon making the fight a title defence, in which case the pool of available opponents was suddenly much smaller (since they needed to be ranked). Plans were changed at late notice.

Probably should have ignored the belt and simply gone with an exhibition against a glass jaw tbh. The whole point of fighting on this bill was supposedly in order to win over some casual fans after all. Same goes for BJS.

Rock0052 and JacK Rauber like this.
  9. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Agreed, Haney looked lackluster last night but let's not forget all fighters have those nights. I agree that is was wrong to award him a belt without a title fight. I can't say that I remember that ever happening before. They want him to be a star and they are assisting him along the way, it would appear.

10. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I was super high on Haney still am but there are many holes there that need to be fixed he's still green and learning

11. YCGS

YCGS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Jesus. He wasn't exposed, he is still developing. Sure he isn't as talented as Floyd was when Floyd was 20 but who is???

By your logic Pacquiao was "Exposed" TWICE by the time he was 20 cuz he got KTFO 2 times

Limerickbox, TipNom and pacas like this.
  12. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    What are those holes? Be specific.

MURK20 and pacas like this.
  13. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
    Over commits swings wide is open to the same punch he throws and there are more

pistal47 and mark ant like this.
  14. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    :risas3: clown. Overcommitting is not a problem. What punch is he open to? The right hand? So you want him to not get hit by any punches huh, he barely got touched in that fight while coming forward and hunting his man down. The problem with that fight was his opponent was an absolute spoiler, and was extremely awkward. Using that fight as a barometer or to criticize Haney jus shows you don't know **** about boxing.

15. Ph33rknot

Mar 5, 2012
    Small things bro he fought someone with no power

Odins beard likes this.