Devin Haney will be without his coaches for Kambosos fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stiff Jab, May 18, 2022.

1. Ducklerr

Ducklerr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2015
    That’s just how it is in Australia, mate. I had a friend move there from the states with his missus who was a citizen. Took him 6 months to get clearance on account of a very old DUI. Not saying it’s right, the country is just hellishly strict about Visas

2. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Nobody is trying to do anyone dirty. That is a blanket rule for any foreigner entering the country. They should have known this from the start, if this is a surprise then it is their own fault.
    I've got a fun fact for you (The US has laws like this too). Crazy, I know.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I had no idea they were that strict. I guess being a former penal colony will do that to a country.

Fourth_Horseman and Ducklerr like this.
  4. Ducklerr

Ducklerr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Haha yep they really want to shake the reputation

shza and Pimp C like this.
  5. Renaldo's Last Stand

Renaldo's Last Stand Member banned Full Member

May 4, 2022

Interesting twist...have they said who will be chief second now?
    Never been a huge Haney guy, but if he wants to make this a US vs Aussie thing then I will certainly have his back.
    Those people have really started to rub me the wrong way, particularly the likes of Anthony Mundine and Jeff Horn.
    I believe this will be s little bit of payback from all of us here back in the States...and Haney just may be the man to play fate's messenger

Pimp C likes this.
  6. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I said that I would not go to that **** country if I was Haney, when they announced the fight. Set yourself up to play by their prison rules.

7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    The cards are stacked against Haney big time in this fight. Hopefully he keeps his mind straight. WAR HANEY

Blaxx, Manfred, MagicE and 3 others like this.
  8. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I thought Ben Davison was his trainer?

9. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    He is, but he is also not allowed in the country.

Zab Judah's dad.

pacas likes this.
  10. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Eh, I don't think they're "trying to do him dirty" as the Aussies have been a police state since the founding of their country as a prison colony.

11. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    You always say no excuses bro this sounds like a ready made one

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  12. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Based on Kambosos scraping split decisions against Euro-level opponents and getting knocked down in the only world-level fight of his entire career (which was also a fight in which he scraped a narrow split decision)

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  13. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    It’s funny how skittish Americans get when having to fight overseas and they all cry injustice. It would be just as hard for Kambosos to get a decision in the US he had to beat the crap outta Teo and only just got the decision. If Kambosos trainer wasn’t allowed in the US nobody would say a word also Kambosos is such a bad ass and mentally tough he wouldn’t give a ****

senpai, kiwi_boxer, Sandman_ and 2 others like this.
  14. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    I think he'll pull out, Americans fighters don't tend to like having the odds stacked against them

15. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    When George fights in the US or UK it's with US or UK judges. That's why his last three fights have been SDs. Not b/c they were actually close.

Now that George is unified champ & fighting at home, he's not allowed to have any Australian judges scoring the fight or an Australian ref.

Haney's arrived in Melbourne btw so he won't be pulling out. Looks like Yoel Judah with him.