Devin Haney will be without his coaches for Kambosos fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stiff Jab, May 18, 2022.

1. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    His biological father is fighting Tank next week.

2. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    I find it funny how it's always a big deal when an american fighter has to go abroad to fight someone, but foreign fighters going to america to fight an american with 3 american judges is just normal and fine.

3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Happens all the time in the US as well.

Why its a big deal now?

4. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    The cost of Loma was a lot less than Haney. Loma had nothing to offer and everything to gain so agreed to two fights in Oz. $3m for first fight and everything sided with kambosos. When that fell out. They made devin sign the same deal despite the fact he earned more money for Jojo Diaz. The split is essentially 80/20 to George and 60/40 to George on the rematch.

mental really

5. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Prime time US would be 11PM EST, 10PM in Dallas. That's 1AM Melbourne time. That wouldn't be fair to the Aussie crowd.
    Prime time Melbourne 10PM would be noon EST, 11AM Dallas. Not bad, but not Prime.

6. FrankinDallas

Jul 24, 2004
    There is more disposable income in a group of 330,000,000 people as opposed to 26 million. Simple math. More money for everyone, for the boxers, the promotors, the hookers, everyone. It's prize fighting after all.

7. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    It’s not how I made it, it’s how it is.

8. FrankinDallas

Jul 24, 2004
    Listen, I think the champ has the right to make the contenders to come to wherever he thinks best. In Kambosos' case, he
    wants to fight in front of his home fans for a big fight and I think he's earned it. The contender has to go where the champ wants him
    to go, and under whatever conditions he orders. A side vs B side. Jack Johnson had to go to Sydney to fight Tommy Burns for the
    title, and he should as hell didn't catch a plane to get there in 1908.

Keleneki and Banana-Rama like this.
  9. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    I understand the financial side of it, why most high profile fights are in uk, u.s. It's just noticable how some fans think an american fighter is being brave and courageous on the rare occasions that they have to fight abroad, and they start talking about risk of being done over on the cards etc. Whereas this is the norm for foreign fighters and nothing is said about it by these same people. American privilege.

kiwi_boxer and FrankinDallas like this.
  10. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    Great. But how is the fight being in Australia affecting ppv sales like I originally asked?

FrankinDallas said:
    OK but he hasn't sold out the Marvel Stadium, but if he does, then maybe it's ok.

What you may be missing is the PPV $$$ in the states

11. FrankinDallas

Jul 24, 2004
    Just the time difference, as I talked about in another post. Late night Australia would be maybe noon in NY, late morning in Dallas, early morning in California. Not the best time for buying a PPV...I mean for casuals, and you need them for the big money making PPV's.

Hispanica make up a huge proportion of boxing business and I'm not sure many of them would be interested in this fight anyway. Again, I mean the casuals.

As I think more about it, there isn't much other competition for a boxing even on a Saturday morning. No college basketball or football that time of year (mid June), no pro basketball in the morning unless there is a playoff game which I doubt, no football, not baseball.

12. FrankinDallas

Jul 24, 2004
    LOL I know Texans who think they need a passport to go to Oklahoma.

Banana-Rama likes this.
  13. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/240c57a4-b5ba-4c0c-bbcf-d02a545d6b5f

14. FrankinDallas

Jul 24, 2004
  15. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    And what time will it be showing?