Did anyone read ESBs' Calzaghe write up?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mrvooh, Sep 28, 2007.

1. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Well, why would you wanna throw money out of the window?:nut:rofl

2. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Like how Kessler is throwing his entire career and well-being out the window for one pay-day?

3. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    Nah - just kidding - only suggested Kessler due to the statement of good odds. Bet with your heart, and if the mind and gut tells you the same, then why not.

4. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    What would his career be worth if he never met a Calzaghe?

5. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    Well it is best he does actually face Calzaghe.

Hammering Calzaghe will do Mikkel's reputation the world of good, especially given how overlooked by America Mikkel is.

This is no risk (a win highly likely) massive reward for Kessler.

6. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    It's great risk - all he has accomplished thus far will go into the hands of Calzaghe, but what would it be worth if he didn't face Calzaghe.

On the other side of the table - Kessler is the best thing for Calzaghe too - unfortunately Kessler is not as reknowned as his abilities acquire, but I guess you know that song...

7. THN

THN Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Kessler is doing the rigth thing, Calzaghe should have done the same,
    then nobody would have to quistion your legacy

8. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Considering Calzaghe came off his career's best performance a short time ago, I doubt it. There will be no excuses for Calzaghe--if he loses, it's because Kessler is the superior fighter.

9. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    yeps, there shouldn't be excuses for either fighter.

10. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    Then take into consideration his last two performances. The Lacy fight was just a last hurrah before age set in.

The Lacy fight was a good performance years outside Joe's prime. The Calzaghe from the Mitchell fight and first Veit fight would have had no problems stopping Lacy.

11. GABBY

GABBY Active Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Its no doubt going to be a tough fight , but calzaghe will win he is to fast and experienced for kessler.
    I am not taking anything away from kessler he is after calzaghe the best around, he has a good jab and can punch. But my faith is in calzaghe to stop him in the later rounds.
    I watched the interview calzaghe gave on u-tube, its good to see the respect both boxers have for each other, but come november 3rd it will be party time in wales .

12. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    It is like Calzaghe fans are all part of some religion, all of them having their faith in Joe.

But when you stop to really think about the fight, with our minds rather than our faith, it is clear Kessler is going to win. Kessler is just too good for anyone the age of Joe, Calzaghe may be the best of the last decade, but he is older now and Kessler is also top ten P4P from 97-07. It is just too much.

13. GABBY

Apr 20, 2007

I disagree in my mind calzaghe will stop kessler , maybe joe will hang his gloves up then , who no's but he has nothing to prove to anyone and IMO when he gets kessler out of the way I will have made a few BoB at the Bookies.

14. GABBY

Apr 20, 2007

no my neck is broke, just like you will be broke if you bet on kessler :bart

15. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Who has kessler beat for him to be one of the best fighters from the last decade, if he beats calzaghe he might get a shot at being top 10 but until then you are way off the mark.