Did Deontay Wilders right hand put the fear of God into Fury?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by notjustacasual, Aug 2, 2019.

1. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Say what you want about Fury vs Wilder buy the fact remains only one of them got sparked flat on his back with his eyes rolling into the back of his head. It's a miracle that Fury got up, he did, and deserves props but if that punch was millimeters in a different spot, it could be a different story.

The guys Fury is facing now, after turning down a Wilder rematch are really making me think.

I mean for God's sake.

305th and Scissors like this.
  2. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not that everything you read is true, but wasn't Fury up for fighting Povetkin, who rejected it to fight handsome Hughie instead?

Plus there's plenty of other threads about Fury and his current situation that you could've posted that on.

I mean for God's sake.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    No. It didn’t get that far for a rejection to take place. “Initial discussions took place”

His final 3 choices for Junior Fa and Duhuapas. So that tells you all you need to know.

4. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    His final 3 choices were Junior Fa and Duhuapus? Who was the 3rd one then cos that's only 2.

5. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Wallin of course!

6. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm a bit behind with news today/yesterday, I've been busy being on it..I've just saw that now. What a pïss poor fight. But I'd like to hear his fanboys like @Hattonmad and @NasalSpray defend how it's actually a good fight for the faans.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    The only out anyone has got is “I don’t mind because Wilder is next”.

When he’s not next are people going to hold him accountable?

8. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    The objective ones will. But he does seem to have a loyal fanboy club who can't bring themselves to criticise anything about our Lord and saviour Sir Tyson Fury. "It is what it is" was Mr @Hattonmad 's thoughts on the lineal champ vs Otto Wallin if I'm not mistaken.

9. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    We also had 'he needs to fight an American which narrows down the options' as an excuse for when Charles Martin was suggested.

However it appears the three final names in the hat were a Tongan/New Zealander, a Frenchman and a Swede.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  10. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    "It is what it is"

11. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    lol he got up and schooled him for the remainer of the round.

Stupid thread tbh...

Contro, George Crowcroft and impacted like this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I've called the fight crap, as I did the Schwartz fight. I'm no fanboy, I call things how I see it and boxing is more important than any fighter.

13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Jaysus, you have a right little hard on for me this morning, don't you. It's funny because I've never actually noticed you on this forum.

Gatekeeper and Furious like this.
  14. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    That’s not an excuse though Tony, that ‘fighting an American’ thing was what he and his team were saying post-Schwartz as ESPN’s plan for him.

Difference was, especially now in comparison to this opponent, those guys were at-least of a respectable level.

Baffled and disappointed by this choice of opponents if true. Total waste of time - proves nothing and he probably has tougher sparring partners.

15. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    That's all fair but it still relies on believing something which Tyson Fury has said.

I think the logical approach to Fury saying something like 'the plan is to fight an American next' is that he may fight someone again. But that's about it.