Did Garcia outbox mathysse?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pound4PoundGG, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    What would have happened had the eye not closed ?
    Genuine question.

2. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'll go ahead and play a little bit of devils advocate here and say Danny didn't whip his ass but he did provide Lucas with the biggest ass whipping of his career to date. Lol

3. box4life11

box4life11 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Says the Same guy that made a thread saying Garcia DOMINATED Matthysse and everyone disagreed lmao

It was a close fight deal with it the Broner one wasn't :hi:

4. box4life11

Apr 5, 2009
    The punch output would have increased by Lucas as well as his ability to slip almost all Garcias hooks like he was doing the first 5-6

5. Bub

Bub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 26, 2011
    They are both quite evenly matched so anything could have happened. Danny could have won, Lucas could have won, could have been a draw. Rematch is the only way to get closure.

6. Just Rik

Just Rik Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2013
    It was Lucas changing game plan, tactics, strategy etc. the entire fight, why, because he was being out boxed the whole time. His powerful shots won him many rounds but, the question is out boxed, and he was out boxed thoroughly throughout.

Also, the "eye" repeaters, don't they realize Lucas landed his best shot in the midst of the eye damage, the kinda of shot they hoped and relied on to the end the fight, it happened, and it didn't do it for them. I don't want a rematch because I like Lucas, hate to see Danny do what he does, improve, and land many more hard shots leading to a one sided win, KO, or TKO which really sets Lucas back or possibly ruins him for quite awhile.

7. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    I suggest you rewatch the fight and explain Danny's "deer in the headlights" facial expression everytime Lucas started unloading, it wasn't until after the eye closed that Danny started to make ground. And even then a one eyed Matthysse still made it competitive.

8. box4life11

Apr 5, 2009

So it was almost a draw because of Lucas's power only ? Lmao
    He has underrated skills man that's why he was slipping them hooks at will the first 5-6

9. box4life11

Apr 5, 2009
    And he made it competitive against the number 1 guy with one eye that's what I call Impressive :good

10. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Very genuine, you could make the argument that Danny was starting to open up and find his range prior to the eye closing realizing Lucas's punches didnt have the kind of effect Lucas's corner had hoped for. Lucas really didnt have a plan b and I blame his corner for being unprepared. Danny's father is a horrendously terrible sportsman but he seems to instill great confidence in Danny and he also has proven he can implement successful blue prints.

11. Just Rik

Jul 21, 2013

lol, explain why Lucas would change tactics when he was winning??

12. box4life11

Apr 5, 2009
    He said he was hurt bad to the body a few times look it up

13. Just Rik

Jul 21, 2013

Lucas getting far too much credit for the one eye incident...seen people fight far better than him with only one eye. That eye got to him far worse than it should've.

14. Pound4PoundGG

Pound4PoundGG Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2013

What would have happened if Adam hadn't eaten from the forbidden tree? What would have happened if vitali didn't get the cut ? What would have happened if Marquez didn't catch manny with that punch? Boxing and infact life itself is filled with hundreds of thousands of what ifs. The problem is these things happened

15. assasin

assasin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 21, 2010
    in patches, yes. but not for the full 12 rounds. i had Matthysse winning by a few points.