Did Garcia outbox mathysse?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pound4PoundGG, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Danny's a natural counter puncher and sometimes his patience and observation can cause this kind of perspective. JMM had a similar approach best example was when he fought baby bull only jmm maintains a stern concentrated look. I used to laugh a lot when I boxed and micheal Jordan chewed gum I guess Danny likes to look like a deer....to each his own lol!

2. assasin

assasin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Lucas was well on top before the eye went, so he would have beat Danny in a pretty one sided fight. possibly getting the late stoppage.

3. box4life11

box4life11 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 5, 2009
    He stooped slipping as easy because he lost a freaking eye let's see the tables turned and see how Garcia handles that ****

4. Just Rik

Just Rik Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2013

"Deer in the headlights"...that comes before their moment of death, either your grossly exaggerating, or Lucas is not near as good as you believe to take advantage of such a fortunate situation.

5. Caper

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok not sure how relevant that may be to this debate fact or no fact but point taken i guess.

6. Just Rik

Jul 21, 2013

Wrong, this sounds like a *******ish reply for you to ignore the truth, Lucas was made to change plans long before the eye. He came out guns blazing, then went to boxing, then got pieced up to the eye.

7. box4life11

Apr 5, 2009
    But common sense tells you that if you lose a eye the other guy is gonna land more especially the number one guy and thats exactly what happened

8. Chango

Chango Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
    And by saying "the number one guy" you mean the better fighter right

9. Bub

Bub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 26, 2011
    So you got some guys claiming Lucas had no plan B and others claiming he changed tactics. It was a close, competitive fight. People sometimes change their tactics in that situation. Matthysse made the fight close and competitive with one eye for half the fight. If he didn't sustain the freak eye injury there is a chance he could have made it an even closer fight or possibly got a draw or a win. I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to admit.

10. Just Rik

Jul 21, 2013

That's not necessarily true, most wounded animals go all out, one last push to eliminate their foe. Gotta give Lucas props here, he instead limits his output, conserves his energy, lulls Danny to less activity looking for a big shot. It works, it came, unfortunately it does not near the effect needed for a KO, TKO, or even for the tide to turn. Danny beat him in every facet of the game, to not give him his credit is just Lucas fanboyism, ignorance, or Danny hate.

11. Just Rik

Jul 21, 2013

"freak" incident...like we haven't seen this in boxing before??

12. box4life11

Apr 5, 2009
    You say he beat him in every facet of the game is but Danny himself admitted he lost 5 of the first six and take away the KD i had lLucas doing more on the 11th and 12th

13. Bub

Bub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Freak as in very rare and unlucky. Lucas has been hit before and I don't recall this ever happening to him before. Guys like Froch get hit in the face a lot but I don't think this has ever happened to him before to that extent.

14. Just Rik

Jul 21, 2013

All that's telling me is he never fought Danny before, a swollen eye is common in boxing. No one in boxing is so special as to call a swollen eye a freak incident in boxing, they're common.

15. Caper

Apr 4, 2005
    Dude why are so hung up on what coulda happened? I'm almost certain Lucas will make more noise in the future fact remains he was pacified by swift it dosent mean he will never regain the opportunity....their paths may very well cross again until then enjoy all the fine random unclaimed female ass that runs around those Atlanta streets. Why are you still in the house go get them now procrastinator! As a side note Atlanta has got to be the easiest place to bag up a fine redbone....especially with the slightest touch of northeast swag in your game.