Did Mayweather duck an Oscar rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Henry Hank, Apr 18, 2020.

Did Floyd duck Oscar?

This poll will close on Jun 8, 2102 at 8:12 AM.
  1. Hell Yeah

2. Hell No

3. Who the **** knows

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Would Floyd give up another $20m plus cheque, just to stop someone from making more money?

I’m not sure about that.

2. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Umm., he rematched both Castillo and Maidana, Pac didn't really warrant a rematch and to be honest, not many want to see.
    The only fight that I have mixed feelings about is the DLH rematch and even then, I don't think it was because he was scared. And huge LOL at people saying he ducked the Baldomir rematch! Baldomir?? Really?? That was a boxing clinic by Mayweather!

Smoochie and KO KIDD like this.
  3. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I’d have loved to have seen an immediate rematch in the summer of 2007, but not around the time he fought Forbes. He faded very quickly. He looked very poor against Forbes. Floyd would easily have beaten that version a year later.

Serge likes this.
  4. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    It’s definitely worth debating.

Oscar pushed him hard.

The ‘Money’ man who was in the cheque cashing business, walked away from a $20m plus cheque.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  5. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I agree with everything you’ve written.

Oscar looked poor against Forbes. But Floyd doesn’t care what the fans think.

He delayed the fight with Manny.

He retired with Berto.

He used an MMA fighter to reach 50-0.

I think it’s odd that he turned down a $20m cheque.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  6. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I think it’s odd that he passed up on another $20m plus cheque.

7. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Costing himself $20m plus.

8. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    And here you go again claiming that Manny ducked Floyd over testing.

9. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    He made more than 40x that amount since.:deal: He wasnt going to be dictated to by oscar and made the right decision.

10. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    He did. Here you go dismissing it. Did pac pull out of talks with pbf back in 2009 over random blood and urine testing to be given to both fighters with no cutoffs and run off and fight clottey? Yes or no?

11. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    There's not a boxer on the planet that wouldn't fight conor for 150 million like pbf got for easy work. Hell even pac and canelo wanted to fight him. Quit holding pbf to different standards.

Pbf doesnt owe you ****. He just beat pac in the fight of the era before he fought berto. He could have retired in the ring after he dominated pac. You're crying about the berto fight a B- level fighter and forner world champ who pbf fought at 38 to finish his cbs 6 fight contract. He could have done alot worse than berto who would be considered a good win for most fighters.

Lastly it takes 2 to tango he didnt delay the fight anymore than pac did who ducked a prime pbf because of testing even roach said it was their fault back then but you chose to ignore it.

12. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    So what?

He could have made that as well.

He’s spent years telling us that he’s in the cheque cashing business, only to pass up a $20m one.

13. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    He agreed to the testing, but he wanted a cut off due to the Morales incident.

That is not the same as not wanting to be tested.

You always leave that out.

Yes, he resumed his career after they couldn’t reach a compromise.

Now please tell me how you’ve got the audacity to say that Manny avoided testing, while you turn a blind eye to Floyd’s IV?

It’s laughable.

14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Didnt need him hatton was a bigger fight and better win than a rematch with oscar. He moved on to bigger and better things.

15. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Excuses!!! He pulled out of talks because of testing that he didnt want to do period. Pbf was left holding the bag and ended up fighting p4p #3 ranked mosley with this same type of testing while pac fought clottey with no testing a fight no one wanted to see btw. Yet you want to say pbf avoided pac that's laughable.