Did Paulie Malignaggi Bring Shame To Boxing???

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Ironmanmt

Ironmanmt Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Paulie is a tough guy and has always been a complete embarrassment. Listen to all of his excuses in the post fight press conference. His hands are broken, he didn't land anything(as his face is disfigured and dripping blood) I'm 38 years old, everyone thought I won, If I didn't break my hand in round 2 , I would have been able to throw more combinations In rounds 3,4 and 5. He is a tough guy with a big mouth that does not back it up in big fights. He is also an embarrassment for the way he talked about Pacquiao. Can you imagine what Manny would have done to him? After tonight it also lends credibility to the rumor that Mcgregor was getting the better of him in sparring.

Angler Andrew, minemax and pacas like this.
  2. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    A bit but to be expected. Paulie had no chance in bare knuckles with his lack of power.But it could have been much worse he could of been KTFO! and the MMA boys would of had a field day. Malanaggi is just annoying.

Let the fist do the talking..But i guess he has no power so barks a lot.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    pacas likes this.
  3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Paulie has never been a hard puncher and it`s harder to block punches with barehands, a lot of boxers don`t punch hard without gloves for some reason, I`ve seen pressers with boxers having fights and they are ham-fisted, I don`t know why, bareknuckle fights on youtube always feature weak punching.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  4. Bollywooden

Bollywooden Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Yes, he is a former world champion boxer.

5. TonyD407

TonyD407 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It was awful to watch.......

Both looked terrible

Lobov did next to nothing just plodding forward & throwing the odd clumsy looping
    Hook.

Malignaggi was in boxing mindset circling & dipping looking for the perfect angle & expecting the BKB judges to score rounds on defence & ring craft
    As soon as he landed a flaky jab it looked like his hands would crumble.

Why the hell was it at 155 ???
    Paulie had no power at light welter never mind light middle.

6. TonyD407

TonyD407 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It was so **** I nearly complained!!!!!

And I was watching it on a stream

7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    yes. but hes been doing it for a while now.

8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    And we have the Rousey win as well

9. LuciferFallen

LuciferFallen New Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Both were embarrassing and didn't show any desire to win the fight and throw punches

10. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    Found the UGer.

11. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    It looks like he may have a slight boxers fracture on the middle finger knuckle. Not swollen bad though, definitely not a bad fracture, he could have had it reset last night.

12. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Boxing vs. MMA debate should have been over the second a 49 year old Ray Mercer decapitated Tim Sylvia in less than a minute.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    LMAO. What are you guys are talking about? Complaining about the fact that a MMA guy losing in a boxing match vs a world class boxer? (McGregor vs. Floyd) TOtally ******ed.
    It's like it is. Boxers will have their big advantages in boxing matches vs. MMA athletes and MMA athletes would probably KILL boxers in a street fight or a MMA fight. We're talking about two entirely different sports. There is no reason act arrogant as a boxing fan as boxing is only ONE aspect in MMA like Wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Taekwondo, Kickboxing, Luta Livre or whatever. It's like creating a new sports where it's only allowed to JAB your opponent. Or asking why a world class boxer losing a kickboxing fight vs. a pro kickboxer....there is a reason why Floyd never agreed to fight a kickboxing / MMA match because he would get destroyed within 20-30 seconds and seriously hurt there.

Bare knuckle fighting is also different compared to boxing. You need big heart, will and ability to absorb punches with bare knuckles without quitting. Lot of boxers out there are afraid of getting hit even with gloves, they would never do well in a bare knuckle fight even if they're facing some c level MMA guys like Lobov. Lobov has the heart and the warrior spirit to beat any of those guys in a bare knuckle fight. You have to come to FIGHT. Lot of boxers are not fighters, they're boxers and they don't like getting tagged. So bare knuckle fighting isn't right for them. PAulie also has very bad hands and bones in his hands so no surprise that he broke his hand early and wasn't able to continue with his boxing like he did well in first and second round. He was running to avoid damage in the last three rounds. FOr a reason.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    PIRA and Jamzy ⭐ like this.
  14. JacobEr

JacobEr Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2017
    No he didn't. If Konor and Floyd were fighting on the Bare Knuckle i think we would have seen the same. Konor would have beat out Floyd. Because difference between bareknuckle and boxing the same as difference between boxing and Maytai. This is a completely different sport. And more high class boxers don't have advantages in bareknuckle.

15. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Paulie is NOT the face of Boxing so whatever shame he did, he does for himself not Boxing as a whole.

George Crowcroft and 3rdegree like this.