Did Paulie Malignaggi Bring Shame To Boxing???

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jun 22, 2019.

1. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Paulie brought shame to himself not to the sport of boxing. His arrogance was off the charts, and his distasteful behaviour was unconscionable. Hopefully he'll eat his humble pie in silence.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    titanic likes this.
  2. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    He is shot pieces

3. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Should there even be an MMA vs boxing or anything debate? Why not just be able to appreciate things seperately? And I'm not much of a MMA fan, I was taught and told since I could walk real men handle business by putting their hands up and throwing them, that rolling around the ground with another dude was a little...... Effeminate probably the best word that wont get censored. Then again, I understand thats old fashioned and out-of-date thinking. Even though I'll probably never come around on the grappling aspect of MMA and ve able to fully appreciate it, I can see and get that it's legit and very technical.

Probably why almost any fight I lost ended up on the ground. Looking back, I grew a lot more conscious of dudes with cauliflower ear over the years and L's, and they were always the dudes who when you put the hands up, didnt man up in return and instead just took you down.

4. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    No more than Floyd did fighting McGregor...yes they both let down the sport for cash IMO...

5. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Floyd actually won... By KO.

6. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Everyone forgets that a shot old Ray Meecer ktfo 6’8 former ufc champion Tim Sylvia within the first 10 seconds

George Crowcroft likes this.
  7. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    I’m already getting **** from MMA friends and MMA gym goers. Of course he did. All MMA fans will see 2x world champion. They will not care to consider he’s in his 40s, and his last fight he was knocked out by SAM EGGINGTON. Oh and he cannot crack an egg.

None of the above will be taken into consideration. Heck, we might get a Bareknuckle computer game now next instead of a boxing one.

Paulie, you are an expert analysis. The paulie who won the belts would have coasted past this guy. You’re not him anymore. And the like of spence or porter real killers at that weight would never lower themselves to fighting lobov to set the record straight

You had an amazing career as a commentator and an amazing career despite being limited. I don’t see how you win anyone’s respect back an Connor McNugget has beat you mentally and his bodyguard beat you physically:(

It’s a real sad day to a nice guy, who let pride come before absolutely everything. It will haunt him forever

8. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Hell NO. The sweet science will ALWAYS be better than that boring, rolling-around-on-the-ground GARBAGE. This video pretty much says it all:
    This content is protected

9. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    So a boxer landing a punch and finishing off a MMA fighter proves that Boxing is better than MMA?

PIRA likes this.
  10. Jamzy ⭐

Oct 8, 2018
    Using your logic then boxing is just two shirtless men with padded gloves hugging each other....

11. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    It certainly does show the superiority of boxing when an ANCIENT HW contender knocks a prominent MMA fighter out cold like that

But what really shows the superiority is just watching boxers thrown punches and engage in exciting combat, and then watching guys roll around on the ground in MMA. It's not just silly, it's frightfully DULL to view. I'd rather watch PAINT DRY than that BORING ****.

12. Jamzy ⭐

Oct 8, 2018
    Are you saying that every boxing fight has ''exciting combat''? I'm sure to a MMA fan a lot of boxers (think the Klitschko's) are boring just like you think think people ''rolling around'' on the ground is boring.

You have to recognize in boxing there is exciting and boring fights, and in MMA there is also exciting and boring fights. A lot of mixed martial fights have ''exciting combat'', you seem very ignorant towards mixed martial arts.

13. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Don't forgot to mention Remy Bonjasky's one kick Ko of Mercer. I guess it proves kickboxers are superior to boxers?

PIRA likes this.
  14. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    Paulie's movement and punch avoidance was another level to Lobov but he just didn't throw enough ! you can't win if you don't punch

It was a fair, accurate scoreline. Paulie could have won easily with a higher workrate

15. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Except Mercer was 15 years older.

In a kickboxing match, I'd pick a kickboxer over a boxer, I've tried both, the kicks throws you off if you're not used to it. But lets be real, a shot old, retired Ray Mercer ktfo a UFC champ in his prime with 1 shot in the first 30 seconds of the fight IN AN MMA fight. In the case of Remy, Remy beat a shot old retired boxer in Remy's sport.