Did Paulie Malignaggi Bring Shame To Boxing???

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jun 22, 2019.

1. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Mercer's eyes were closed.

2. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Boxing vs MMA can be entertaining, but it's also a bit boring when you take it too seriously imo. It's like Babe Ruth vs Michael Jordan. Who was best? Well, Ruth was best at baseball and Jordan was best at basketball. All the rest is just showbiz.

3. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    A kick boxer knocked out Rousey on her arse with a headkick. How does boxing claim that?

Francis75 and Dario Argento like this.
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Coz she was a 2 or 3 time Welterweight champion in boxing

5. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007

But she was a kickboxing champion before that trained Dutch Thai style. And she sparked her with a kick.

It's no contest - the king of standup is Muay Thai.

Dario Argento likes this.
  6. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I watched the fight close 5 x and can’t find 1 round to give to artem. As a matter of fact the fight was boring because artem lacked the skill to land more then 5 punches in 5 rounds.
    Pathetic

7. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    And that he did

8. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Love to see some footage of lobos hurting and staggering paulie.
    You mean when lo oc wrecklessly charged in, got hit with a check hook, and knocked paulie off balance with his aggression?
    Just lol
    Hurt and staggers never happened.
    Fake news!
    Worse then trump and Russian collusion.

9. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I think most knew he would have problems here due to a) him being shot and B) his style never being great for BK to begin with. Say what you want about Lobov but hes if nothing else tough. Paulie slept on him and let his arrogance get the better of himself.

10. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Paulie won every round. If anything I’d say he underestimated artems audience and chance for robbery because of all the money artem brought in. The fight went pretty much as I thought it would. Artem landed 5 shots tops in 5 rounds. I knew paulie would Outland him easy every round and not be able to hurt him.

11. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    That's a bit much. Paulie probably did enough to win a close decision but still didn't do a whole lot in there. It was closer than it should have been.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  12. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I agree totally I had Paulie just ahead but he did nothing and with the different rule set awarding aggression it certainly wasn't a robbery and Paulie certainly didn't win every round like i've heard several people keep saying

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  13. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    I’ll take 10 weak jabs over aggression and punching air all night. That’s just me. You score that fight round by round and tell me what round artem won. He got outlanded every round.
    It is what it is. No surprises. We knew artem didn’t have the skill to hit malignaggi consistently and we knew malignaggi didn’t have the power to hurt artem. That’s exactly what we got. The fight wasn’t really close though. The fight was boring because artem lacked the skill to hit paulie.

14. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    In no form of combat sports is aggression worth more points then punches landed. The argument that it isn’t boxing is negated by the fact he never hurt paulie and landed 5 clean punches the entire fight.

15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Yes. I know Paulie is shot and old, but Artem is a bum. After all the trash talk, it's embarrassing.

Paulie was retired too though, so it's not that bad.

Paulie is an ******* so good for Artem.