Did Tommy Morrison’s Sons Retire?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Charles White, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Charles White

Charles White Chucker Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Both haven’t fought in over a year and I haven’t heard anything about either one of them for some time now. And they aren’t getting any younger so if they are serious about making a go of it, they need to kick it into high gear now. Have they retired?

2. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    It really has been slow this month.

They couldn't have saved any of those random cards they put up against major championship fights and multiple college football games all October-December to give us a little something in January?

eltirado and Willie Maeket like this.
  3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I am not sure they retired so much as just they have run out of opponents that they can beat or draw with.

cross_trainer and eltirado like this.
  4. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Make the Cold War great again. Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    He needs the backing of one of these high profile promoters or "advisor" to give him some shine. If FNF or HBO was still in motion they would know how to market him but truthfully, American heavyweight boxing has seen its biggest push since 2003 with 2 retired, old fighters from the 80s and 90s. That's a problem that might be plaguing Trey as well as others who need that shine.

cross_trainer and eltirado like this.
  5. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Trey Lippe is solid, he has a chance vs all Heavyweights except (Fury & Wilder).

Trey Lippe can do what Andy Ruiz did to Anthony Joshua, will be a great fight...After Joshua he can give it a try vs Wilder or Fury

cross_trainer likes this.
  6. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    "The hard-hitting Trey Lippe-Morrison, son of former heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison, is back in the gym in preparation for a return to the ring.

At 31, Morrison knows times of the essence, having been derailed by injuries and the pandemic for over a year.

The Oklahoma-native had racked up 16 stoppages in a row to secure a perfect heavyweight record until 2020 stopped the world.

Lippe-Morrison has been honing his craft in preparation for a new fight date in the coming months.
    Fighting in the spotlight since day one due to obvious comparisons with dad, Tommy, Lippe-Morrison was unfazed before he embarked on his fantastic pro run.
    “It doesn’t bother me that people probably first come and want to watch me fight or want to ask me anything because of who my dad is,” Lippe Morrison told the L. A Daily News.

“I saw that coming.

“Yeah. I think there’s a lot of pressure on me to do well. I think that weighed on me the first couple of fights.
    “That’s always going to be there. No matter who I fight or how good I do. There will always be comparisons to my dad. I have to deal with it.”
    This has been written like 1 week ago.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    Charles White likes this.
  7. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Is he still with Freddie Roach?

8. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    That and the kind of shows they fought on - that relied on the live gate being pushed by local ass-in-seat draws more so than a wide national or global TV or streaming audience - sort of fell by the wayside during the bulk of Covid due to lockdown.

They're not popular, known or distinguished enough to feature on a DAZN or PBC show, but their records are too good to use them as journeyman/opponent/cannon fodder on them.

eltirado and catchwtboxing like this.
  9. Charles White

Charles White Chucker Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Thank you for the update! Glad to hear that he is going to continue.

eltirado and Stiches Yarn like this.
  10. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Well corona had made it hard for any boxers to get fights

eltirado likes this.