Didn't see fight, did Lopez seriously spank Loma with a boxing lesson?4"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pistal47, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Lopez beat him fair and square, clear win for him.

Also welcome back Pistal! :chuck:

pistal47 and The Real Lance like this.
  2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Many have praised Lopez's ability to slip punches and showcase superior ring generalship round after round. I think a lot of fans especially Loma fans are hesitant to call it a schooling or Loma being given a boxing lesson because as the older more seasoned fighter Loma's supposed to be the one giving the younger man a boxing lesson (like Mayweather Canelo for example). Many expected Loma to be the one to do the schooling. But that wasn't what happened. And the injury is another factor that will make people hesitate to call it a schooling which to many explain why Loma was so ineffective / low output for much of the match. But you look at the skills Lopez displayed, he surely taught Loma a thing or two. It was something Loma had never experienced before, being outboxed like he was for much of the bout.

Right I get that you're arguging it wasn't a schooling, it was just Loma deciding to do nothing for the first 6 rounds, maybe because the injury or wanting to tire his man out. But in any event, that strategy turned out to be a failed strategy as even when Loma turned on the jets in the later rounds Lopez held his ground and put the icing on the cake in the 12th. If what Loma was doing in the first 6 rounds was to tire him out, it ended up not working because Lopez still had plenty in the tank down the stretch. So that right there is Loma being taught a boxing lesson about taking half the fight off in an effort to tire his man out and that not working. By the way, there's a poster in the Marquez topic who's telling me Loma won rounds 2 and 6 because he landed the cleaner shots.

pistal47 likes this.
  3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    It wasnt a boxing lesson, but Lopez did beat him.

pistal47 likes this.
  4. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    It was far from a schooling. Lopez won the first half just by being more active.

Heavy_Hitter and destruction like this.
  5. Hussle

Hussle Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Yup, this is the question. Is the 12th a result of Lopez adjusting to Loma's attack or Loma putting himself in too much danger because he thought he was losing and needed the 12th/finish?

6. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    He already fought Hunter

7. Mike Cannon

Mike Cannon Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2020
    More fool him !!!

8. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    No boxing lesson but clear win for Lopez.

pistal47 and Pimp C like this.
  9. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Why wouldnt you have had Lomachenko in the same P4P list as Bud and Spence assuming Bud and Spence were in your top 10. I expect if you base things on actual results probably had him rated higher?
    Spence arguably best win is a drained Brook coming off a loss who was winning before being injured
    Buds best win is arguably Postol who lost to J Taylor only 2 fights later when only having his 13th fight

10. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Garcia would have definitely spanked that arse

pistal47 likes this.
  11. Johnny_B

Johnny_B Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Serbian Loud. Mouth

12. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Spank? Nope. Out point Loma , absolutely.

13. Cluedo

Cluedo Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Can't tell you how many fights I have watched Loma fight from the amatuer days to saturday

I can't recall him fighting worse than that even against salido

His foot work was off beat, his timing was slow,he never moved his head which is unknown for him, His set up of shots was terrible. Credit Lopez who deserved the win and is a great fight. But Loma looked a shadow of himself in there and I don't see where he goes from here.

14. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Bro, you’ve lost me.

15. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I mean...there's an element of "size matters" in this - as well as the fact that all had apparently badly underrated López, as opposed to having overrated Lomachenko.

Now, was Loma kind of always overrated to an extent? Yes, by his worst and most obnoxious zealots, the same with any fan base (although perhaps these armed with a bit more hype ammo than usual with the whole "amateur GOAT" angle)...but he's as good as you thought he was.

pistal47 likes this.