Diego Magdaleno Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pistal47, Feb 17, 2019.

1. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    I just wanted to start a thread for Diego Magdaleno to show him and give him the respect he deserves in the aftermath of his loss to the you phenom Teofimo Lopez. Magdaleno is no puncher, not the type who will ever have a long reign as a world champion, but he is a warrior who will fight anyone and anywhere. Even though Lopez was in complete control of their fight pretty much from start to finish, Diego gave his all, left it all in the ring, and instead of running from his opponent who outgunned him massively he chose to go down amd out on his shield in a balls out firefight.

This thread isnt necessarily just for Diego, its for all fighters who may not be world champs or anything but are tough, respected, battle hardened vets who have too much pride for thwir own good. True warriors.

I doubt he ever sees this, but if he does, Diego Magdaleno -- whatever your official record is when you decide to hang them up, it means nothing to me, and id like you to know that your actions and style in the ring and your heart of a warrior are more impressive to me and a large group of my friends than any amount of athleticism, skill, speed, explosiveness, and overall talent ever will. You're a true inspiration and there is a sizable population of fans who will always love you and respect you not for your skill or talent, but because of your mentality, heart, and balls.

You sir, proved yourself a true warrior and myself and a lot of my friends, we will never forget that. All the best, champ.

Russell, Boon, CST80 and 1 other person like this.
  2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    This content is protected

pistal47 likes this.
  3. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    lol my man, I knew you'd probably be the first in here with your battlecry screaming.

4. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Well said.

pistal47 likes this.
  5. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    I get my medication and psychological treatment (for PTSD -- which I DONT HAVE) at the Bedford VA hospital on Bedford, MA. I see Micky Ward there all the time visiting his uncle who is residentpally inpatient in the long-term/chronic psychiatric ward, the Same place former SRR x2 conquerer Paul Pender spent the last years of his life. Basically, if youre a veteran amd you are in the late stage of a degenerative neurological disease like dementia or CTE, you go there for your last year's and are taken care of in a VA medical facility environmend.

Every time I see Nicky I say hi but dont want to intrude on his time with his uncle. Such a good and humble dude but a lot of the time I walk away fearing Nicky may very well spend the last years of his life withering away like that becauae of the way he fought in the ring, all for our entertainment. Very depressing but ive known Nicky since I was 14 and used to see him all the time in local amateur tournaments I participated in. Surprisingly, all the punishment he took ober his career, I have yet to notice any change in him or symptoms or earlt warning signs which leaves me feeling good.

6. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    I ****ing hate autocorrect. It doesnt correct anything and just takes what you type and **** it all up.

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    A year ago there were people actually thinking Jessie had turned out to be the superior Magdaleno bro, just because he went undefeated longer and happened to catch a big name in Donaire on the decline.

Really if anything Diego should have tasted gold long before his brother, except he was robbed against Rocky Martínez.

pistal47 likes this.
  8. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    Very very true.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    IMO both are world class, but I've always preferred Diego, because he always had to do more with less (as Jessie was blessed with a much bigger punch) and seemed to have the most heart in the family.

pistal47 likes this.
  10. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    Couldnt have said it better. Toughness is a product of necessity, from falling down and having to pick yourself back up again and again. From enduring more than more talented guys have to.

Rigondeaux was without question one of the most gifted and talented fighters ever and also skillful fighters of all time. But when he finally got in the ring with someone who actually outclassed him completely and the going got tough -- he folded. What most dont realize is that being tough doesnt = being able to fight, they are two separatae things. Toughness is far more special. A lot of boxing fans think every boxer is tough, simply not the case especially the guys who were always just better than everyone else. True toughness is being put in uncomfortable positions, dealing with it, and fighting out of it.