Dilian Whyte: cuckold, entitled and cowardly

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Potato80, Jul 27, 2021.

1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Since the Povetkin loss he has basically disappeared.

Come back please @Aydamn

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  2. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    You are not getting me.
    I was referring to how Whyte being so highly ranked and holding that interim belt might help his case.

You said that Whyte has turned down eliminators but I am not so sure how valid that is.
    But most importantly, before Whyte was KO´d by Povetkin, he was the mandatory(for whatever reason).
    Now the WBC never said that Whyte lost his mandatory shot because of the loss. It was after regaining the interim belt did Sulaiman suddenly come out with the: "Whyte is not the mandatory" statement. Why? No reason given.

My entire argument lies in the WBC not making any official statements or rulings. Not once did we hear that Whyte was not given a mandatory position because he turned down some eliminator.

*Actually, I just found this:
    https://www.fightful.com/mma/wbc-confirms-dillian-whyte-vs-oscar-rivas-heavyweight-title-eliminator

“The World Boxing Council and Matchroom Boxing are delighted to confirm that Saturday’s bout between Dillian Whyte (25-1 18 KOs) and Oscar Rivas (26-0 18 KOs) at the O2 Arena in London will be contested for the WBC Interim World Heavyweight Championship.

The winner of the bout will become Mandatory Challenger for the WBC Heavyweight World Championship, currently held by Deontay Wilder.”

Whyte never got this. And WBC never said that he lost his mandatory shot due to Povetkin KO´in him. They just said that he was no longer the mandatory.

WBC are a bunch of crooks who make up **** as they go. Whyte is no saint but please stop defending the WBC.

MarkusFlorez99 and kriszhao like this.
  3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm not defending the WBC. I have a lot of questions for the WBC and Whyte.

For the WBC:
    * Why did they rank Whyte #1 in the first place?
    * Why are they giving Whyte so many opportunities when he constantly shits all over them?
    * Why did they offer Whyte eliminator after eliminator, year after year, when he kept turning them down?
    * Why did they allow Whyte to fight for an interim belt against the #9 rated fighter?
    * Why did they allow the Whyte-Rivas fight to go on when Whyte failed a prefight drug test the week of the fight?
    * Why do they allow him to fight a non-title "interim" fight with Wach, because it looks like they will likely allow it again with Franklin coming up?
    * Why did they allow a rematch clause in a freaking Elimination bout between Whyte and Povetkin?
    * Why was only Whyte going to be given Mandatory status if he beat Povetkin in their first fight, and not Povetkin, who won?

Why did they bend over backwards for this guy for years ... and not do the same for others? Were they trying to curry favor with his promoter Hearn? Because if most guys badmouthed the WBC like Whyte has and constantly turned down WBC eliminators, they'd quickly drop those boxers from the ratings and move on.

And for Whyte:
    * If the WBC was so awful, why the hell didn't you fight Joshua for ALL THE OTHER BELTS?
    * If the WBC is so awful, why don't you try to become a mandatory in another org?
    * If the WBC is CHEATING YOU, why don't you move on?

Although, I don't really need Whyte to answer any of those, because the answer is the WBC ISN'T cheating him. That's his gimmick.

The WBC gave him opportunity after opportunity ... they give him special treatment when it came to fighting for the interim belt against a guy barely rated in the top 10 ... they allowed him to go ahead with the vacant interim fight when he'd failed a prefight drug test ... they allow him to make non-title fights where his belt isn't on the line ... they allow him immediate rematch clauses in elimination bouts.

Alot of heavyweights would like to be "cheated" like that. (rolls eyes). Povetkin would've liked to be "cheated" like that by the WBC.

Please take this to court. The judge will either rule Whyte deserves a title shot next ... or the judge will laugh in his face when he says he's been cheated.

Either way, this nonsense will soon be over.

Again, nobody thinks Whyte is the best heavyweight in the world. Nobody has EVER thought that. They just want to argue he's been "cheated."

But the moment Whyte turned down the Joshua fight for three belts, that curtain was pulled back on all that nonsense.

He could've fought for and won all the other belts, but he turned them down.

That showed how much the WBC has been "cheating" him.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  4. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    On the WBC website, Dillian Whyte's next rumored opponent Jermaine Franklin is rated (BY THE WBC) at #32.

https://wbcboxing.com/en/heavy/
    • Whyte is gifted a vacant "Interim" World title against the WBC #9 rated Rivas (who is now not even a heavyweight but a Bridgerweight, according to the WBC). And Whyte failed a prefight drug test and had to get off the floor to win.
    • Whyte doesn't even fight a contender (Wach) or defend that belt in his next fight. Struggled in that one, too.
    • Whyte gets brutally KOed in his first "interim" title defense by Povetkin.
    • And now in the first defense of his second "interim" reign, unless it will also be a non-title fight like the Wach bout, Whyte is sizing up the #32 rated WBC contender. (The WBC doesn't even think this guy is top 30.)
    Next question for the WBC will be if the Franklin fight is not for the "interim" belt and Whyte loses his non-title fight, will the WBC still keep Whyte on as WBC "Interim" Champ?

I have to ask because the org has cut so many corners for him already.

Boy, the WBC is "really cheating" Whyte. Poor guy. Not doing him any favors.

5. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    It's laughable that so many of you hate Whyte. A guy who has fought a lot of the better heavyweights out there for the last couple of years. But you applaud Fury and/or Wilder, two of the biggest frauds in boxing. Both of whom have avoided the best and both haven't fought in almost 2 years now. And steroids? Let's not forget that Fury cannot even fight in the UK because he was caught taking nandrolone and cocaine. To you guys it goes like this. Whyte: steroid guy who doesn't deserve a title shot. And Fury: great champion who is the current number one )with no mention of PEDs). Even though he hasn't fought anyone (other than Wilder) in the current top 15. And is currently faking Covid to get more time because he's fat as hell from celebrating for over a year.

6. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Nobody hates Whyte. They just don't believe he's been "cheated for years" like he stomps around and claims.

What's laughable is that so many of you guys think he has been cheated.

The real questions are why has the WBC been so forgiving of a guy who has spent years bashing them? Why did they rate him #1 to begin with? Nobody else did. Why did they continue to rate him highly when he kept turning down eliminators? Why did they keep offering him eliminators? Why do they let Whyte skirt their own rules and engage in non-title interim fights? Why do they let him fight challengers who aren't even in the WBC top 30?

Why do they keep bending over backward for this guy who has caused them nothing but headaches?

Hell, Joshua offered Whyte a title shot and Whyte turned him down. Poof. Whyte was no longer rated by any of those orgs. Done. He was gone.

That's the norm. Not the coddling the WBC has been doing with this guy. Now he's taking the WBC to court while he tries to make a fight with the #32 ranked WBC contender? (LOL.)

The moment he turned down the Joshua title fight, he showed the world how "cheated" he actually felt by the WBC.

No, when he chose not to fight Joshua for three world titles, and instead chose to fight Oscar Rivas for a vacant WBC "Interim" Belt instead, and when he failed his prefight drug test but the fight was allowed to go on, and when he was flattened by Rivas and came close to losing, and the WBC still allowed him to be the "interim" champ and fight a non-title fight with Wach ... they were all moments when you saw how "cheated" he actually felt by the WBC.

He needs the WBC to keep his "brand" going.

Whyte couldn't be looked at as the most "cheated guy" if he accepted millions of dollars to fight for three other world titles and got knocked out in a couple rounds.

That would screw up everything. (LOL)

7. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    still doesn't make it OK for what the WBC has done to him though? Does it? Wilder ducked him for years with the WBC's blessing and now Fury is lining up to do the same. My question is why?

8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Wilder wasn't "allowed" to duck him and Fury isn't "ducking" him. Whyte was offered eliminators that he chose to not participate in. And, after Fury won the title, Whyte got wasted by Povetkin.

These have been discussed here over and over. Read back a couple pages.

Whyte could've fought Wilder if he fought in an eliminator, he could've fought Fury if he didn't get blasted out by Povetkin and he could've fought Joshua for ALL three of his belts, but Whyte chose to fight Oscar Rivas for a WBC interim belt instead.

That's why Whyte hasn't fought for any titles.

The moral of the story is:
    * Fight eliminators when offered.
    * Don't get knocked out cold when you do fight in an eliminator, and
    * ACCEPT offers to fight for three world titles when they are offered to you.

Whyte hasn't been cheated. Most people in his position would've disappeared from the ratings a long time ago.

The question is why does the WBC continue to coddle Whyte when all the other orgs haven't paid him any attention in years.

All I can think of is the WBC wants Eddie Hearn and Joshua and the big sanctioning fees they bring. The other orgs already have him. The WBC's only ties to Hearn at heavy are Whyte, Parker, Hunter and Hrgovic, so they keep them highly rated even when the latter three are being offered eliminators in other orgs.

Because all this nonsense with Whyte could've easily been put to bed by the WBC years ago by dropping Whyte in the ratings, like everyone else did. The WBC still could. They just want something financial out of all of this. And those big Joshua fees are probably it. So they need to keep Eddie Hearn (and that whining Whyte) around.

Bumnard_Hopkins likes this.
  9. Potato80

Potato80 A potato Full Member

May 9, 2017
    To the question why he's so obsessed with getting to Wilder as quick as he can, I understand it's to do with a woman they've both been in a relationship with.

I did read about this some time ago, and I'm now kicking myself that I didn't save the info, but one of them (I think Wilder) had a kid or dated the other's (I think Whyte) ex.

I know this sounds bananas, but it's apparently true. Hatman alluded to something similar on a recent video.

This is obviously a separate issue to the general terrible terrible decision making from Whyte over the past few years, when it comes to avoiding fights.

destruction likes this.
  10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    But it wasn't for THE mandatory position, it was for the 2nd Mandatory position as Breazeale was mandatory and it wasn't even a final eliminator so had he beaten Ortiz it wouldn't of secured him a mandatory shot, which is why he probably fought Parker instead and then Chisora when they offered it again later in 2018.

Wrong, I've already disproved this fallacy in a previous post. Breazeale was already mandatory, they ordered the interim fight between the two while they gave Wilder permission to rematch Fury. But when Fury signed with ESPN and this fell through, they scrapped this interim title fight and gave the shot to the lower ranked but technically the mandatory Breazeale. So he didn't decline or hemmed and hawed as you put it, the opportunity was taken away from him hence why they agreed to give him an interim fight vs Rivas. Don't believe me then don't take my word for it, see the link below, Breazeale himself confirms this.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/499112/dominic-breazeale-dillian-whyte-deontay-wilder/

Yes as I just mentioned they did this to placate him after cancelling his previous interim fight with Breazeale for the interim title. Yes he failed the drug test but it was proven to be from cross contamination as test before and after by UKAD came back clean and a test by VADA on the same day as the failed UKAD test came back negative. Even if he did cheat and take PED's that didn't stop WBC agreeing to Wilder facing Ortiz after he failed a drugs test which he wasn't cleared off.

Yep as I said before that was dumb he should of taken that, whatever the reason he can't say he wasn't given an opportunity even if it wasn't for the WBC which is what this legal action is about.

Yep agree, he was offered an eliminator and lost but won the rematch to win a 2nd eliminator. So you can't say he's always turned down eliminators. But I repeat this doesn't secure him a title shot as before the 2nd fight with Povetkin WBC said if Whyte won he'd have to fight a final eliminator vs Wilder. See link below as proof, so again Whyte denied a mandatory position, even though he did what the WBC asked and fought a mandated eliminator.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2021/0...wilder-vs-dillian-whyte-for-final-eliminator/

Yes he is interim champion and that's important in regards to this legal case I suspect. When the 2nd Fury/Wilder fight fell through, they had no interim champion but Whyte and Breazeale were mandated to fight for the interim title. Instead of letting them fight for the interim title they allowed Wilder to fight Breazeale in a mandatory defence.

Now the 3rd Fury/Wilder fight has fallen through but now they do have an interim champion who is also their Silver Champion and also fought an eliminator and won but instead of doing what they did before and order the WBC champion to face him like they did with Breazeale they've denied him the same opportunity.

I'm no Whyte fan as you can tell by my avi pic of Chisora, but I do feel Whyte has been given the runaround by the WBC for years. Partly it's Hearn's fault for not clarifying what the Silver and Interim belt secured him and what the eliminator vs Povetkin secured him but the WBC have clearly had an agenda, they've always favoured American and Mexican based fighters and Whyte's just the latest victim of this bias. Fury himself in the past has been scathing of the WBC's denying him a title shot so this is nothing new.

I hope Whyte win's his legal case and he's awarded millions like Rocchigianni was when he sued them and I hope instead of coming to a settlement like Rocky, Whyte see's them buried for good, we have too many sanctioning bodies one less would be a blessing.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  11. Potato80

Potato80 A potato Full Member

May 9, 2017
    This content is protected

Found it!

12. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    On the contrary.

The WBC Heavyweight Champions this century have been Lennox Lewis, Hasim Rahman, Vitali Klitschko, Oleg Maskaev, Sam Peter, Bermane Stiverne, Wilder and Fury.

That's two guys from the US (Rahman and Wilder) and two guys from England (Lewis and Fury). And, if you count Whyte's WBC "Interim" belt, three from England. One from Russia. One from the Ukraine. One from Haiti. And one from Nigeria.

And I hope Whyte sues the WBC for money, too. He certainly doesn't want to fight for it.

And he'll need it. Because if the WBC dissolves, Whyte isn't ranked by any other sanctioning body and hasn't been for years.

It's funny, the only sanctioning body that rates Whyte, gave him a belt, continued to give him elimination bouts after he turned down eliminators, the only org that continued to rate him after he failed his drug test against Rivas, and the only org that will consider him the World Champion if something happens to Fury ...

Is the one org Whyte and everyone else insists is cheating him. (LOL)

If the WBC is cheating him, what are the other orgs who act like he hasn't existed for years doing to him?

The WBC should wait for Whyte to sign to fight Franklin, remove him as Interim champ for signing to fight a guy who isn't rated in the 15, and rank Whyte at #4 ahead of Parker.

And that would be that.

Let Whyte naturally fall out of the ratings month after month.

If he wants to move up, he'll have to beat better guys than Wach and Franklin or Bridgerweights.

I have no idea why he was rated #1 to begin with.

13. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Nonsense. Arum was just quoted today saying "screw any mandatories" Fury will ABSOLUTELY duck Whyte if he beats Wilder. Just like Wilder said he would never fight Whyte.

14. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Well, if Bob Arum said it ...

LOL.

Bob Arum said Fury was fully vaccinated, that there was nothing blocking Fury-Joshua, that Fury would never fight Wilder again, that Crawford and Spence would never fight because it won't sell and he doesn't want to lose any more money on Crawford ... all in the last few months ... and then said the exact opposite in the same few months.

Bumnard_Hopkins likes this.
  15. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Agreed. Him being the most “hard done by” fighter is the biggest scam in boxing in the last couple of years.

UnleashtheFURY and Wizbit1013 like this.