Dillian Whyte on the True going's on inside Matchroom

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sephiroth Rising 7, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Security Service

Security Service New Member banned Full Member

Jan 12, 2019
    LMAO. Just look at your post and read it again. So if someone criticises Hearn, just look all of the vile things his fanboys come out with...

“Hearn should’ve left him in the gutter where he found him”-
    I have noticed Hearn seems to have that EDL/Britain First sort of cohort following him.

He is a upper class, inherited wealth and privately educated man. You passionately defend this bloke over the guy who had to fight tooth and nail for his living.

Sky have done all the work, not Hearn. You think a couple of salesman interviews from Hearn makes people want to buy a PPV ?

You people have got obsessive issues with Hearn. I like Hearn, but the fully grown men on here who want to suck his nuts should really re-assess themselves and what Hearn’s job is

2. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Why do people have to take it this far. Jesus wept, the thread started with a Whyte comment, and now you’re talking about his family being targeted. :dunno

deadACE and boxfan99 like this.
  3. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Whyte says
    • Eddies a great guy, we do good business
    He says this at least 3 times

Whyte also says
    • Eddies one of the top promoters in the game
    Let’s remember that Eddie has opened doors and laid on opportunities for Whyte that have enabled him to become a multi millionaire.

So when people accuse Hearn of only being interested in Joshua they’re demonstrably wrong!!

4. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Of course they are Britain First/EDL members who have crossed over from being football supporters.

They love Eddie Hearn because he treats certain fighters as if they are beneath him in worth

5. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The irony of whyte saying hearns job is to protect AJ at all costs is hilarious. Does Dillian not remember Hearn put AJ in against him to ‘protect him’. Dillian is so thick that he doesn’t understand he’s calling himself crap with that statement. Hearn is doing a pretty **** job of protecting him anyway, putting him in against Klitschko, Parker, Povetkin, Whyte & trying to get the Wilder fight.

Badbot and nickpoppunk like this.
  6. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    As I am based in the UK, I shall defer to using the correct British variation in Spelt over the US spelling of Spelled.

Besides, me and that other poster have history on the subject of being a grammar Nazi.

It's not nice pointing out someone's grammatical mistakes in an online forum when you clearly understood the intended meaning, especially when the content in question was shared in an informal setting.

And it has been done to me but I will have my vengeance.

@Oneirokritis

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  7. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    so i take it your an EDL/britain supporter. new low for the haters there. if you identify that hearn is a good promoter then you like the EDL or Britain first lmao.
    and you had the cheek to try and discredit my post.

i am no fan boy of hearn. but promoters are a massive part of boxing.

i think the majority of the people on here understand that whyte would not be in this position if hearn didn't promote him. Without promotion he would not be known. plus who else could he have signed with other than frank warren at the time and we know what he does to his fighters that are not named fury..
    i mean im surprised whyte continued to fight after his drugs ban, if it wasnt for the AJ fight he wouldn't be on ppv or headlining cards.

Hearn did the work for whyte as much as whyte has put the hours in the gym and no way have i discredited whyte for all his hard work so dont insinuate that i have. He just wouldnt be where he is without hearn.

either way, like i said i like whyte and hearn

8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Dillian was merely a prospect with limited amount of professional fights and amateur experience the first time they fought.

Not to mention poorly conditioned and going into the fight with a shoulder injury.

40 year Klitschko coming off a loss and 2 year lay out. 40 year old Povetkin who was nearly destroyed by David Price. Josehp Parker who went life and death with Hughie Fury and got sent down twice against Whyte himself, are hardly names to be crowing about

Why not mention Carlos Takam while you're at it and pretend he was a beast?

305th likes this.
  9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Dillian Whyte was well known before he signed with Matchroom as the man who ko'd Joshua in the amateurs.

Did Eddie Hearn help him win his fights in the ring?

This narrative that he'd be nothing without Hearn is quite frankly ******ed. He'd have forged a reputable career with or without the snake/.

10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    How exactly are Sky doing the heavy lifting for Hearn?

Without Hearn, Sky has no narrative. They feed off the information supplied by Hearn, and the arrangements done by Matchroom - all sky do is broadcast and offer journalistic resources that do their job in any setting.

So unless we know of a shadowy Matchroom figure that orchestrates promotions behind the scenes, Hearn is in fact the brains that got Whyte, Bellew and AJ to where they are now. With some guidance from his sphere of influence like Daddy.

Whyte wouldn't be anywhere if it was not for Hearn, he'd be making peanuts like Ortiz or even Wilder.

Hearn is where the money is for any fighter that will put in the graft and deliver every time. Hearn doesn't turn randoms into consistent stars, they got to have SOME ability.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  11. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    And how would Whyte have carved out a career for himself without Hearn? As a UK based fighter?

It takes two to tango, Whyte helps Eddie just as much as Eddie helps Whyte. They both need each other, and they both stand to succeed together rather than without.

Whyte is a good fighter without Hearn, doesn't mean he will be getting 474K PPV's for showing up as Dillian Whyte.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    How did Tyson Fury cope without Eddie Hearn?? What about Amir Khan? Or are you going to pretend that signing with Hearn in the latter stages of his career is what help make him a household name in Britain?

You need to get your head out of Eddie's arse.

There are countless fighters who have made a great career for themselves without Eddie Hearn.

13. nickpoppunk

Feb 14, 2012
    known to who. hardcore boxing fans? he wasn't 'known'.
    floyd mayweather jnr one of the biggest earners in boxing lost a number of fights in the amateurs to. name them without going on google/box rec.

ok maybe he wouldnt be 'nothing', that was wrong of me to disrespect whyte like that, but he wouldnt be boxing at the standard he is without hearn.

14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    He was known, otherwise the first Joshua Whyte wouldn't have been such a huge success. Obviousily he wasn't as known to the casuals. but he gave a good account of himself in that fight and was rebuilding. All of his fights are exciting, so it was only a matter of time before he built up a reputation. Like I said Eddie Hearn wasn't in the ring throwing the punches to knockout his opponents.

No one is denying that Hearn helped Dillian Whyte along his way in becoming a ppv fighter.

The problem is there are individuals such as yourself along with EDL members and Eddie Hearn worshippers, who genuinely believe Dillian Whyte would be cleaning toilets and picking food out of bins, hadn't the great Eddie Hearn decided to step in and save Dillian's life.

15. nickpoppunk

Feb 14, 2012
    i would say there is a higher probability that he would have been cleaning toilets if eddie wouldn't have promoted him.
    either that or selling PEDS to people in a gym somewhere.

the reason the joshua / whyte fight did so well because it WAS WELL PROMOTED as a grudge match! ironic isnt it that we are talking about a promoter who has done his job so well for his fighters. coincidence, i think not.

also please do not put me in the same group as EDL members and hearn worshippers, thats rude. Im worse than both :) lol