Dillian Whyte vs. Alexander Vladimirovich Povetkin & Katie Taylor vs. Delfine Persoon II RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 22, 2020.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Matchroom is a corrupt shithole company. Hearn is a disgusting repulsive creep.

2. Belfast

Belfast Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2019
    After 11 years it seems you still talk bollocks

CST80 likes this.
  3. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    You know what tune up fight means ? He is not 30 years old, he is pushing 41.
    He earn his spot. Whyte challenges him. They were talking big with Eddie, how Whyte puts everything on the line, and how if Povetkin win he will get title shot, and now this p...... are talking about rematch and rematch clause ... They were looking ahead of Povetkin already.

Povetkin need to get a tune up fight, then a title fight and then retire for good.
    And you need to grow up and understand what hate means. I did not see a single person on here hating towards Povetkin, and least me. I`m a huge Povetkin fan.

But he is just going to get older and actually going to get worst. He doesn`t need to waste more time. Tune up fight till waiting for the Joshua/Wilder/Fury situation and fight for title and then retire for good.

Title fight > Dilian rematch.
    He is almost 41, he does not need to prove anything to anyone. He already beat Whyte and earn his spot for another title fight. End of the thread.

WeThePeople, Redwood, Ivan28 and 2 others like this.
  4. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    I know mate I just saw that says enough for me just been trying to find the card to watch but can’t get it

5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm not calling you out specifically. I'm agreeing with you.

A tune up fight in a rematch with Whyte is a very good fight, and one that's extremely winnable for Whyte.

But some on here are hating on the rematch for some reason.

It defies belief.

Usercom likes this.
  6. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Everyone does on here, it's a subjective sport meaning we all have our own opinions. Just like we all have our own arse holes.

End of the day Povetkin has earnt this payday. Its a legitimate fight against a legitimate opponent. Anyone ranked higher is already tied up with a fight.

Why should Povetkin turn down a huge payday just before Xmas, whilst everyone else in the division is training for big fights?

Usercom likes this.
  7. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Whyte blew the fight. Povetkin deserves his reward for taking a big risk and coming though victorious. He earned the right to decide for himself where he goes next. .

WeThePeople, CST80, Redwood and 5 others like this.
  8. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    This division has been alive for a while now.
    Good days ahead !

lufcrazy likes this.
  9. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Scumbag

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Wuts up green pants, or should i sayyyy... Todd the toad?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  11. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Very impressive KO by Povetkin.

Power_tek likes this.
  12. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    This guy is trolling. I have no other explanation for this. I`m done.
    Eddie interview saying to Dilian that he was in a total control - nice joke dude.
    Povetkin won the first 3 rounds, maybe close rounds, but he won them. And this with the corrupt referee who allowed for multiple low blows from Whyte. I did not see a single body shot from Whyte, they were all low. Not a single warning for him.
    Povetkin has to be mad to accept the rematch, they will fix the stuffs even more.
    There was a moment where Povetkin was attacking and Dilian trying to dodge by going too low and referee instead of warn Whyte, he warned Povetkin to not shot .... And what the f**** he is supposed to do that in that situation, to stay back and watch ?
    I wanna see the judges scorecards, because the Joshua - Povetkin ones was ridiculous.

WeThePeople and 3rdegree like this.
  13. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Like or hate povetkin for his past roiding but im sure teddy atlas is smiling because that uppercut was pure cus teaching.

14. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Ignore that nonsense.

I rated the first Katie win a gift, and I was worried she would get messed up in the rematch.

She didn't.

She won a very good fight where skills trumped enthusiasm and pressure.

Th Belgian was just as aggressive and relentless as in the NY fight, but this time, Katie kept cool and, despite being swarmed by a very game opponent, landed the better, crisper shots.

I had it 5-4 for Taylor after 9.

You could conceivably score the tenth for Persoon, making it a draw. I didn't.

6-4 for Taylor.
    Two of the three judges saw it that way.

The third was way off with 7-2 -1 for Taylor.

Persoon was gracious, acknowledging defeat, saying, "...this time, I lost."

She went on to say that her weight was an issue and that she should probably be competing at a lower weight.

A lot of casual scorers on here had Persoon up, based on her aggressiveness, but Katie got the job done.

15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

Inglis_1 and CST80 like this.