Dillian Whyte Vs Lucas Browne

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Mar 13, 2018.

1. langdell

langdell New Member Full Member

Oct 27, 2016
    I fancy Whyte to win. He's the more skillful boxer and i like the determination that Whyte shows. He really wants to fight the best. Browne has been less active and looks like an old man who has had a lot to deal with in life. I think Whyte will win by UD

2. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Whyte vs Browne is a real 50/50 fight it seems...when it comes to betting money you gonna have to put a fair few quid on Whyte winning to make it worth while and im not that confident Whyte wins so gonna stick some on Browne to win by ko/tko 9/2 at ladbrokes.

Whyte to win by decision is even money and for him to win by ko is 5/2 but i really cant see that happening.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Great spread bet you can get 5/4 on Whyte by points and Browne to win by stoppage at 6/1.

4. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Whyte was hurt and hurt badly by Chisora. Browne hits that bit harder. As long as he can keep throwing the right hand, Whyte's in trouble. Whyte really has to sharpen is offense up. His own punches are very often looping shots that are easy to telegraph. They both unravel as the rounds go by...the difference is Browne can carry his power later in fights. Whyte against anyone decent hasn't really been able to stop guys with any kind of proven track record. Brownes weight/ring rust and age could well be a factor but he's not in against a slick move and boxer he's in against Dillian Whyte and powe is the last thing to go
    Browne KO

im sparticus likes this.
  5. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
  6. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    My Picks:

Brown win
    Huge stakes on this fight as the winner is virtually guaranteed a mega payday. Brown is coming here to win and Dillian hasn't looked good since round 2 of the Joshua fight. The only thing is Browns inactivity but he has shown he is tough and can take a beating.

Ritson points
    I think Cardle is tougher than people give him credit he was cut badly against Barret and suffered a broken jaw but still made the distance.

Johnson KO.
    Johnson record is full of cans but he has been tipped by the pro's to go far and his odds make it look like he could be competitive. Not convinced enough to put money on the win but Buglioni has been chinned before so any spare change will go on Johnson KO.

Potwash likes this.
  7. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Browne absolutely destroys whyte. No doubt in my mind

8. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
  9. Potwash

Dec 13, 2017
    Alot of knowledgeable people on here picking Browne for the win...im taking your advice boys and gonna bet on Browne for the ko/tko win!

£100 at 9/2 will return me £550...i need this win, the bookies have done me over this month for the boxing lol.

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Don’t do it.

I’ve changed my mind. Whyte stops him!

Potwash likes this.
  11. Potwash

Dec 13, 2017
    Lol you just as bad as me

Scissors likes this.
  12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I listened to the Toe to Toe podcast before. Browne was on it and came across very well, unlike that Spencer Fearon who was cringeworthy constantly pulling him up on the peds issue. Fair enough, give him stick but be consistent, he doesn’t say owt to Whyte etc.

13. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    As a heavy weight whyte doesn't punch very hard . He proclaims to be a good boxer ~he absolutely isn't. He's got poor balance and goes flat after 7 rounds . Not sure his chin is that good either . Browne is limited skill wise but punches correctly and has very decent power. His stamina isn't brilliant but he is always there or there abouts and dangerous until the end. He's been down but He gets up (if the ref allows him to ???) so i hope the ref gives both a chance to get up. 5/1 for a browne ko win is massive value

PIRA and pow like this.
  14. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Whyte decision, he might get off the canvas too.
    Close fight but I'll go with the guy who's 10 years younger.

15. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Whyte hasn't been very impressive really, I think Browne will do him