Dillian Whyte...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TH1, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I like his personality. Boxing ability wise though he’s terrible.

2. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Don't act like you won't tune in

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    A rematch with Joshua is acceptable.

4. Sturm

Sturm Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2017
    That is true to be fair. Although Whyte hasn't been overly impressive in any single performance.

5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I like the character that he brings to do the heavyweight division, he’s a good talker and I wish him all the success. It’s been said a number of times on this thread already and I totally agree...he’s a tough kid, big heart, loads of enthusiasm and comes forward to have a scrap. This will only work against Euro level type boxers and I think like Chisora, he will struggle to move beyond that because as a boxer, he’s very limited...

6. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I'd say this, he has leant from mistakes and made the most of his opportunity. He was thrown in against Joshua with with a dodgy shoulder and in fairness he was in poor condition. He had nothing left to give for me after 4-5 rounds. He actually caused Joshua problems, not just because of the left hook but also because of his chin, heart, some good body work and in my opinion he jabbed ok as well at times. Alot of the above speaks badly about Joshua who you can only presume was in far superior condition on that night.

That being said Whyte isn't overly talented, has limited power and average technique. Yet he is in shape now and can do 12 rounds, plus he still has heart. I don't rate him but I can't knock him because he is hungry and making the most of the situation. You could easily argue Helenius is more talented in my opinion and look how that turned out on the weekend.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Always found it dead weird when folk specifically want a fighter they have no affiliation to make a load of money. More geared towards people who say "Well I hope he fights X instead of Y because that's the bigger money fight". I mean, if you want everyone to be on an earner then fair enough I suppose

8. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder will never come near Whyte. I doubt if he will fight Joshua, but is appears that Wilder might sign for the fight, then have Joshua framed by VADA.......................like he appears to have done to keep from fighting Ortiz and Povetkin!

9. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    To be fair to Wilder I don't think he is the one doing the framing..

I suspect it is either the WBC or his management team...

10. Outside

Outside Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Whyte beat Helenius and won virtually every round not the most entertaining win but a good win and he moves on.

Helenius is a vastly expierenced boxer who’s had hundreds of fights but put up a pathetic display because he didn’t want to get knocked out. It’s a shame how things have turned out for him I remember the hype around him when he was knocking out Lamont Brewster and Samuel Peter he was being called the new Klitschko now he’s already been written off as a nobody after 2 losses.

11. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Helenius injuries have ruined him that and the fact he got a gift v chisora. He was just big and stiff with a bit of power.
    Whyte seems to think he can only spark people out with looping overhand rights it's all he throws as a power shot and he missed most of them.
    He's tuff but limited cant see him getting a belt anytime.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  12. Trojan02

Trojan02 New Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Dillian whyte isent a word level fighter for me but you cant give him too much criticism for his last fight. Helenius dident come to fight and its very hard to look good when your fighting someone like that. Hopefully wilder will take confidence from his performance and agree to a fight in Feb.

13. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    And he'd still be Joshuas second best opponent.

14. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Dillian beat helenius and chisora both European level this means dillian must be a level above which for me is competing at world level... I do not think he will won a title against AJ wilder or fury but would compete with parker, for me those two ate evenly matched.... Whyte lacks the power to knock people out the only reason he wobbled AJ was lack of experience and complacency.... Problem for whyte is that Eddie puts him on the back burner to often he wants whyte to beat wilder to set up big AJ clash but he knows that wilder is dangerous... Does this not make dillian AJs canary?

15. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Watching Joshua confused by a guy just throwing a few feints and stepping back to let his jab hit fresh air and then taking his shots flush, Whyte's Femi performance wasn't that good really. I'd say his dining out card should be revoked.