Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scyson, Jan 11, 2018.

1. 2fast2fury

2fast2fury Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2018
    well said

Liverpool82 likes this.
  2. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Whyte is not a very good boxer however a lot seem to duck him. Including wilder. It’s bizarre.

Beez likes this.
  3. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Whyte is on the same level as shot Chisora and that's why it was a draw.
    He's also rated in top 10 by The Ring which tells you all about the division.

Scyson likes this.
  4. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    Agree wilder beats him in my opinion maybe it won’t be straight forward but he wilder is a favourite yet wilder seems to want to fight anyone but Whyte... and his happy to miss out of a huge payday bizarre

GassievGoodBoy and Scyson like this.
  5. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Career high payday against an easy victory on paper.

I just don’t understand it!

moog, Howitzer1888, S.K and 2 others like this.
  6. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    He knows Whyte will give it all he's got. He must have the AJ Whyte fight at the back of his mind still..?
    He's not a confident as he likes to make out.I wonder if hes getting over £4m for Ortiz.

7. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It basically Wilders arrogance that caused him to not fight Whyte. Didn't like someone else calling the shots and considers himself the "A" side to any negotiation.

This is why he won't fight AJ, he still thinks he is a huge draw...

8. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    wilders rein has been poor to say the least, but who the hell is dillian whyte to be dictating terms to an established belt holder? the approach of him and his promoters are a total joke and quite unprofessional, arrogant in fact.

it works both ways, if whyte was so confident then do it on the champions terms, you know, like it works in the real world. instead hes going to fight browne in a fight that he has a good chance of losing.

wilder doesnt need some average hw plodder on his resume, god knows hes enough already.

9. Outside

Outside Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Wilder feels he loses to Whyte and that’s the reason he’s fighting the lower ranked Ortiz for a 1/4 of the money

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Ortiz is a harder fight imo

Bax183, moog and Twentyman like this.
  11. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    His promoter made Wilder an offer, whats wrong with that?? That offer was far superior to what Wilder has been previously getting and would have hyped up a bigger fight after it.

Wilder is most likely going to miss out on some huge money fights because he thinks he is some sort of God already..

Beez likes this.
  12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think pride plays a big part in Wilder’s decision not to fight Whyte. Can you imagine Joshua saying I want Wilder, and DiBella saying “fight Stiverne first to build the fight over here”....Eddie Hearn/Joshua would tell them where to get off. Why would Joshua want to fight one of Wilder’s victims just to earn a shot at the main man? It would be stupid. Wilder is the WBC champion of the world.

I’m not saying this is right or wrong, but I do understand that mindset. Wilder has absolutely nothing to fear from Whyte. He would soften him up with that very underrated jab before inflicting a vicious knockout. Whyte will turn out to be a gatekeeper. No shame in that, but this idea that Wilder is scared of him is just fantasy imo.

Plaza and moog like this.
  13. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Whytes entire career is based and hyped off of a strong 90 seconds against a very green AJ.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Surely if I was to offer you two options to do the same job- a 5 million option or a 1 million option. You would choose the 5 million option. Especially as it could...it could lead to a 10-15 million super fight.

Now if it was the same job and you didn’t at all fear Whyte, why would you not take that fight? The only explanation given all boxers and human beings would take the 5 million option, is fear and the fact the risk is deemed too high.

Wilder is a chicken mate, in other words. Would rather 1 million on tap per fight year after year, than 5 million NOW because there is a risk of him losing.

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    You might be right, that’s probably it...just throwing an alternative theory out there. Ego would play a part with me personally, i’d want number 1, not number 1’s cast offs.

moog likes this.