Dillian whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Paul geczi, May 29, 2019.

1. Paul geczi

Paul geczi Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2017
    A few people are saying that they feel sorry for whyte as he should be given a crack st a world title fight but didn’t joshua offer him the June fight first but whyte priced himself out of it . I’m sure he wanted 60/40 instead of 70/30. I cannot believe that he never took his chance for the belts .

Inglis_1 likes this.
  2. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I think the guy deserves the WBC shot.

I'm sure he wants to fight AJ but only after he knocks wilder out.

3. JH1997

JH1997 New Member Full Member

May 19, 2019
    No sympathy for him myself. He’s a multi millionaire surely at some point he’s got to start taking legacy building fights rather than a Chisora trilogy no one ever asked for.

Emerald Oracle likes this.
  4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    He never got offered 70/30

Not even in the rematch.

AJ priced himself out not Dillian.. AJ was always going to make way more than Dillian even if he gave Dillian what he wanted.

66/33

AJ dont want no smoke, Wilder dont want no smoke, and thats the honest truth.

Those guys get uncomfortable talking about Dillian because he is big risk.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I've mixed feelings on it. Were he to get a shot, then fine as he's built up a few decent wins now which is more than a lot of the division has bothered doing. But on the other hand, was offered an AJ shot, which he could have forced anyway had he fought Pulev as he was ordered. He could have been getting a WBC shot had he jumped through the WBC's hoops too. There was all this "why should he fight Ortiz for an eliminator etc" at the time. Well, look who's fighting for the WBC and who isn't.

In reality, I don't think Whyte really cares about those potential shots either. He's a PPV fighter now, so he's going to get paid a wedge no matter who he ends up fighting. And that's why - weirdly enough - I think the Fury fight is actually quite likely; it'll be PPV. He gets schooled badly but 1) losing to Fury shouldn't be a big deal really 2) he's only a couple of scrub fights away from being on PPV again anyway, ultimately.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. cfckieran

cfckieran Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Shouldn't it be about the belts rather than the money for Whyte ?

themaster999 and Scissors like this.
  7. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I think Whyte is building up to the massive cash-out fight with AJ. In an ideal world to maximise revenue from that fight he needs the WBC belt. I think Hearn has told him as much, probably offered him 65/35 if he does all this. Whyte will make more money taking the long way to the belts anyway, as its unlikely he beats AJ or Fury.

Aydamn likes this.
  8. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Can you take the belt to the supermarket and buy food with it?

No I didn't think so.

Can you flash your belt at a private school and pay for 6 years of child tuition? No you can't.

Let's be real, the belts and the money go hand in hand. These fighters ain't school children to be chasing glory at the expense of their health and childrens future if ain't going to set them up for life.

This is your one chance to make as much as you can and retire as comfortably as you can because rarely do you get second chances to make big bucks in this industry today given how often fights get made, and unless you are hogging the belt at the top.

9. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    pretty much this ^^

Its been the plan since he lost to AJ to come back with leverage because he is thinking two steps ahead compared to everyone else that just wants a SHOT at AJ for whatever they can get.

10. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Whyte genuinely fancies his chances against Wilder (he demolishes him in my opinion). I think in his head he wants to get the WBC and then make the super undisputed fight with AJ. Although boxing never works out like this as we have seen.

11. Paul geczi

Sep 17, 2017
    Get what your saying . I’m not a Joshua fan anyway . I do think whyte is gonna struggle against Rivas Though

12. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    What makes you think he will struggle against Rivas? I wasn't impressed enough with Rivas performance against Jennings to make me feel that Whyte can't handle him.

Whyte has been fighting at a higher level, and more frequently. It's that kind of experience that will be the deciding factor in who shows up performing better.

13. Paul geczi

Sep 17, 2017
    It’s got to be about the belts that’s we’re thr legacy is . Let’s not kid ourselves that they get paid peanuts because even whyte is worth millions now so if you asked him does he fight for you he belts or money he would say the belts . This is why we hid current crop of fighters will not fight each other . They are scared of the loss but I don’t know why as even the greats got beat .

14. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I might be wrong but I thought he was offered £5 million for the AJ fight, which is life changing, comfortable retirement money. On the one hand I think, that is a very fair reward for any world title contender, and on the other I can't help but respect him for backing himself to get in a better position and earn more.

I just hope he doesn't end up with egg on his face. £5 mill in the hand is better than none in the bush...

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  15. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Whyte is so lucky to be in this era. I don't rate him.