Dillian whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Paul geczi, May 29, 2019.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I work in Japans biggest corporate bank. I'll let your imagination figure that one out :D

2. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Touché

Aydamn likes this.
  3. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Whytes made more outta PPV fights than most already, its not as if Joshua was his only ever chance at a PPV shot was it ? He's on the gravy train already and doesn't want to get off.

There is no excuse for Whyte not taking the Joshua fight.

BXNG101 likes this.
  4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    £500 for some new photocopier paper?

CutThroatFade, PaddyGarcia and Aydamn like this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree with you in that Wilder is underrated to an extent and that his timing and speed are nailed on. I also think he outboxes Whyte before ironing him out. It’s not a matter of levels but a matter of styles. Whyte is not terrible, he’s a handful with KO power in his left hand and his improvements have been his ability to set the trap for it...he draws fighters into a war & invites them to open up on him. That’s when he times his own shots...you don’t hook with a hooker. Joshua, Wilder, Fury, Pulev and Ortiz can all happily box you from the outside without engaging in an inside war and I think they all have the beating of Whyte.

Whyte has created his own brand and I believe he’s savvy enough to give it the ‘i’ll fight anyone’ talk without actually doing it. He’s earning a cracking wedge with the current narrative and he should drag it out for as long as possible and stick to dispatching third tier heavyweights like Rivas & Chisora, who have no choice but to work inside the pocket due to their own smaller stature.

So to conclude, definitely not a terrible fighter, he’s very dangerous but just stylistically limited.

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    And that is why you take the fight.

Most money you ever earned plus the chance for greatness. Dillian must feel a tit now.

stittyb and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Dillian doesn’t have Ruiz’s handspeed. Still not sure Whyte can beat Joshua although he’s a much improved fighter. Whyte would have came in looking to win a battle of the jabs. Ruiz came in throwing combos and looking to take Joshua out. He was way faster than Whyte in there.

But yes agreed with you sentiments. Need to take the opportunity. Ruiz will now probably get a far bigger chunk of the money in a rematch which I think Joshua would be unwise to take immediately.

stittyb and Scissors like this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t think whyte would beat Joshua but you’ve got to be in it to win it. Then you get a nice rematch chunk and if you win that the sky is your limit. Even if you don’t you can start commanding other big fights with big pay days. I think Whyte has dropped a bollock there.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  9. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    They tried to give Whyte a limited time to prepare in April but he was insistent that he wanted Joshua testing for the full 12 weeks.
    I wonder if Joshua has his overseas jaunts already booked in for the next couple of months?

10. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Absolutely. In any upset win like this you look at those ducking and wonder why they did it. Whyte for one but Wilder - Jesus. Might never get the chance again.

11. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I echo these sentiments. If he can't land Fury or Wilder, where does he get his next £5 million cheque and a chance at a belt? He'll be frozen out now for at least a year, likely longer.