Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Talk about embarrassing. It's reached a point where it's basically an ironic parody of itself.

2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    @Aydamn are you okay?
    Will you tell us that you're okay?
    There's a sign at the window
    That Pov struck you, a crescendo Aydamn
    He came into your apartment
    Left his cumstains on the carpet
    Then you ran into the bedroom
    You were struck down
    It was your doom

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    For reals though, lovely boxing from Pov. I had it 3-1 Whyte at the time. Macklin had no interest in scoring Povetkin's body work, which won him the first for me. Whyte started to take over from there, though Pov was still in it. Two short lovely shots put him down and he proper looked his age. He'd been countering Whyte's right with lefts to the body a few times, so threw out a lazy jab to counter and catch him unsuspecting with an uppercut. Beautiful stuff. Didn't expect it at all but have been buzzing ever since. Nice to see that entitled div get humbled a little. Been plenty of signs that he doesn't take a punch well in the past, which makes it even more annoying that Wilder didn't just pick him as a voluntary and blast him away.

Oneirokritis and Twentyman like this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Beautiful lol

Twentyman likes this.
  5. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    @Aydamn are you ok?
    are you ok @Aydamn
    Aydamn are you ok
    are you ok Aydamn ....R U OK AYDAMN

Youve been struck by.....Youve been hit by, a smooooth Russian

6. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Yeah, the fight really didn't inspire any confidence that Whyte could actually beat Wilder. Wilder is a master at losing a fight on rounds only to come up with that one shot that ends the fight. Whyte has a really poor chin. Both times he was knocked out they had to give him oxygen. He's not getting up from a Wilder dynamite right hand

See, Wilder actually could be world class for all we know. For all we know it really did take someone of Fury's depth and skill to beat him. But we'll never know that because Wilder never fights anybody with a pulse.

Clarence Gianni and PaddyGarcia like this.
  7. Clarence Gianni

Clarence Gianni New Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    This content is protected

" 2 or 3 minor adjustments "

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  8. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He's very deluded in that interview. That punch has taken it's toll.

He should also not be training yet after such a KO.

9. WAR01

WAR01 In the 7.2% Full Member

Aug 19, 2019
    I like Povetkin I’m glad he beat one of the upper spectrum of the division, it will give his name a few golden words from people otherwise to do so honestly Whyte should’ve taken a page out of AJ’s book and not been so aggressive with someone so dangerous Old or not did you see how cautious Lenny was with Tyson?

10. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017

Surely this needs to be looked into?

11. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    He says in the video he's not with anyone so guessing it's non contact stuff. Unless fresh air is hitting him back

TBC-ASAP likes this.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I mentioned in another thread that I was talking to Adam Booth the day before the fight. He analysed and called the outcome to perfection showing me how Povetkin would dip off the feinted jab to throw his left. He said that Whyte would either hook with him (and be second best) or he’d look to cover and counter. Whyte did the latter and got KTFO with the uppercut. I still missed it on the night and thought the KO pretty much came out the blue, but watching it back Povetkin was definitely looking for it.

Twentyman likes this.
  13. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    The transformation of Dillian from a likeable boxer to an insufferable twaat is nearly complete now.

I now put him in the same bracket as Tony Bellend Bellew, Carl Froch and Anthony Fowler.

14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    They're still pushing the line that Whyte "dominated" the entire fight except the final second.
    Kugan seems 100% on board with that too.

It's a load of crap.
    Admittedly, Povetkin looked like he was spent after 3 rounds. After the 4th round it looked like Whyte was going to win, Povetkin was fading badly.
    But those first 3 rounds were close.

It's absurd that Whyte gets a rematch with Povetkin but Parker didn't get a rematch with Whyte.

15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Even Eddie Hearn is ripping the **** out of Kugan Cassius for that interview.

I thought the same as Eddie, what the **** was Kugan on about when he was declaring his 'relationship' with Dillian was so strong it didn't even cross his mind to get a post-fight interview on the night ??
    WTF was that about ?

Kugan's ass-licking is even too much for Hearn now.

I dunno, but I can't remember Kugan being anywhere near as bad a few years back.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    BXNG101 and Clarence Gianni like this.