Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Aug 22, 2020.

  1. Puroresu_Fan

    Puroresu_Fan Boxing Addict Full Member

    5,841
    4,573
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Apr 6, 2016
    Hearn said that in the interview with Kugan. If he loses his no longer that PPV draw.
     
  2. Furious

    Furious Active Member Full Member

    1,323
    1,557
    Sportsbook:
    7,721
    Nov 2, 2017
    It'll be interesting to see what they do next for PPV fighters. Joshua can only go on so long. I bet Hearn wishes Dubois was with Matchroom.
     
  3. Unforgiven

    Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

    52,805
    12,626
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Nov 24, 2005
    I'm still a bit flabbergasted that there was this "rematch clause" at all.
    Well, not really surprised by the clause itself, but flabbergasted by the brazen way its been presented and accepted by the media circle around SKY and Hearn.
    Haven't heard anyone confront them with WTF does Whyte deserve a rematch when he loses a 'last chance'/'all or nothing' eliminator ? .... when the likes of Parker and even Rivas lost close 12 round decisions and both had real legitimate gripes with certain things that went on in the ring (in Parker's case) or behind the scenes (Rivas).

    Hughie Fury gets to face Dave Allen ! That's an awful fight.
    All things considered, Hughie actually did better against Povetkin than Whyte did.

    The idea that a win over a shot Povetkin on his second attempt should reestablish Whyte as the "super-contender" super-mandatory they made him out to be - and they can carry on as if nothing happened - is laughable.

    He was knocked cold by an old man who's on his way out.
     
    dryzer, Inglis_1, PaddyGarcia and 4 others like this.
  4. Unforgiven

    Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

    52,805
    12,626
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Nov 24, 2005
    Whyte should rematch Parker.
    Povetkin should rematch Hunter or retire.

    These are the more logical fights.

    Hughie should be fighting someone like Charles Martin, not David ****ing Allen !
     
  5. Furious

    Furious Active Member Full Member

    1,323
    1,557
    Sportsbook:
    7,721
    Nov 2, 2017

    Yeah, what’s with Hughie vs Allen? It’s going to go one of two ways - Fury just boxes circles around Allen and cruises to an easy UD (95% chance) or Allen somehow catches him with a big shot and gets the upset (5% chance).

    Complete waste of time fight and won’t be good viewing. He knows Hughie will win and wants to give him an opponent of decent profile to boost Hughie’s.

    Allen vs Babic would be a fun fight, I’d much rather see that.
     
    Unforgiven and KingKO like this.
  6. ryanm8655

    ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

    5,229
    2,126
    Sportsbook:
    1,111
    Oct 23, 2008
    You’re right but I’d say 99.9% and 0.1%.
     
  7. Max Thunder

    Max Thunder Useless Dosser Full Member

    4,774
    7,956
    Sportsbook:
    11,969
    Apr 25, 2017
  8. Furious

    Furious Active Member Full Member

    1,323
    1,557
    Sportsbook:
    7,721
    Nov 2, 2017
    Yep you're probably right, was feeling a bit extra generous to Dave Allen this morning over my coffee!
     
  9. Twentyman

    Twentyman John Fury’s nut sack.... Full Member

    6,521
    12,370
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Apr 20, 2016
    It’s going to be fascinating to see how Whyte physically and mentally deals with this rematch.

    There’s a few factors that could affect him and Price is a prime example of how a career can suddenly fall to pieces when a fighter suffers 2 successive stoppages. He’s already been sparked by Joshua and Povetkin and put down by Parker and Rivas. So there’s a chance his confidence in his chin could be affected...that he could become anxious and burn more gas or become reluctant to exchange and put self preservation first.

    I guess it shows a strength of character to jump straight back in, but it was interesting what Hunter had to say about perhaps having a couple of easier fights to get back into the swing of things.

    He knows Pov can put him to sleep with one shot no matter how well he thinks he’s doing.
     
    Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. nurological

    nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

    4,735
    4,802
    Sportsbook:
    1,188
    May 25, 2012
    I dont think Whyte has the same mentality as Price. Whyte knows he has to battle and fight for everything. Price on the other hand thought he could easily blast anybody out of there and got a shock when he couldn't. Whyte has been in high exposure fights and dealt with the pressure well.
     
    Twentyman likes this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

    TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

    3,092
    3,015
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Sep 7, 2017
    Rematch being announced next week.

    Him fighting 12 weeks after that KO hardly seems a great concept.
     
  12. nurological

    nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

    4,735
    4,802
    Sportsbook:
    1,188
    May 25, 2012
    They are trying to Old man Povetkin. Back to back camps is tough at that age.
     
    Twentyman and PaddyGarcia like this.
  13. TBC-ASAP

    TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

    3,092
    3,015
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Sep 7, 2017
    Are people dumb enough to give us a price about Fury?

    I can already hear Sky praising Allen's forward pressure
     
  14. Furious

    Furious Active Member Full Member

    1,323
    1,557
    Sportsbook:
    7,721
    Nov 2, 2017
    Yep I can just hear Adam Smith on Allen after Fury is a comfortable 4 rounds up “he may not be the most technical boxer but he’ll keep on coming. One thing he has is heart and chin. He’s a hard, hard man.”
     
    Wizbit1013, TBC-ASAP and Twentyman like this.
  15. Furey

    Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

    12,828
    1,391
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Oct 18, 2009
    How are they logical fights?

    If Whyte beats Povetkin then he regains his #1 mandatory slot. He's already got the W over Parker who doesn't offer the same reward.

    Povetkin for a start has to rematch Whyte anyway because thats the contract him and his team agreed and signed up too. Fighting that rematch maintains his mandatory slot keeping him in line for a shot at the WBC title which = $$$$ . A rematch with Hunter is high risk low rewards.

    So...... remotely no logic involved in your post whatsoever.