Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    No balance, no timing, no co-ordination, no punch resistance and that was POVETKIN. Whyte has not just been executed on PPV by Povetkin, he’s been KTFO by a shell of him.

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Yep that was the worst Povetkin has looked since Klitschko. Even Pricey basically scored a KD against Povetkin, it doesn’t mean much unless you finish the job.

Oneirokritis, Scissors and Heisenberg like this.
  3. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    To be fair, if Dillian had won we wouldn't be having this conversation.

He should of had his shot way before now but agree that he walked the tightrope one too many times.

Usercom likes this.
  4. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Yeah no idea where he goes from here. Didn't think Leaving Tibbs was a good move.

Oneirokritis and Gatekeeper like this.
  5. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    True but Whyte should have had the ability and awareness to get out of range or have his guard up. I said before that Povetkin’s repeated left hooks to the body may have had a real impact in slowing Whyte down.

Also we shouldn’t have too much sympathy for Whyte not getting that WBC shot because it resulted in him getting so much PPV loot.

6. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    "I'm pretty much lost for words, if I'm honest with you.

"We have a rematch clause.

"The first thing Dillian said was 'Get me that rematch, get me that rematch.

"Povetkin is mandatory now, but the only person who would get called to negotiate fighting the winner of Fury-Wilder was Dillian Whyte.

"We'll exercise that rematch clause. We'll look to make that before the end of the year and it's a huge fight."

Eddie Hearn

So he's just said even though Povetkin is mandatory the only person who would get called for wilder-fury fight is Whyte, how does that work lol?

7. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Except Joshua for £5m

And ortiz

And wilder

8. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    It’s Eddie Hearns fighter remember. Don’t count your chicken, he’ll have him headlining PPVs as soon as he can

rezzer and Gatekeeper like this.
  9. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Why would he have the ability and awareness, he just isn;t that good!

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  10. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Can only guess he means that if Whyte had won, he could open immediate negotiations, but Povetkin winning would put the mandatory time frame back

Oneirokritis, Bondy365 and kojak like this.
  11. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Thinking back to the Chisora fight where he showed good boxing IQ by being patient and avoiding brawling but he had Tibbs in his corner.

Of course Povetkin is levels about Chisora also.

12. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    You've just nailed it there though, Whyte just isn't that good, decent but a gatekeeper

Oneirokritis likes this.
  13. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Was a unnecessary risk. Shouldn't have took this with his guaranteed title shot. Joshua didn't dare get aggressive with Povetkin until the 7th round. If I had to put money on someone stopping Andy Ruiz it would be Povetkin. I said before Whyte's defense and chin would let him down. I even think 250 is way too heavy for him, he looks very soft, and doesn't have the frame to fight at these heavier weights.

14. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Whyte is a money man though, he’s just a prize fighter. Remember he even turned down Joshua prior to Ruiz getting the shot. I bet he was happy to just keep getting PPV fight after PPV fight against guys on paper who he could beat.

Oneirokritis, Gatekeeper and chico g like this.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’ve said here many times, if Whyte had fought Wilder for the WBC it would’ve been an execution just like Breazeale.

Truth is, he has rejected big fights with Pulev, Ortiz and a Wembley title shot at AJ and instead carefully handpicked PPV opponents and its eventually backfired with him being knocked out by the shell of Povetkin.