DILLIAN WHYTE

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Feb 1, 2022.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Rumours are surfacing that he might be pulling out of the Tyson Fury fight, as he is unhappy about the money for the fight. Do you believe that is the case? Will the Fury v Whyte fight happen?

destruction likes this.
  2. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    We need sources my man.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Dillian Whyte wants all the smoke, he also wants mirrors to combine it with.

4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Dirty Joe Ducker should he pull out.

Cookiedough likes this.
  5. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    It will be an absolute travesty if this fight doesn’t go ahead. Its the biggest domestic heavyweight clash for a long time. I do find it a little odd we haven’t heard from Whyte yet. He has served his time waiting for a shot and now has the chance to become the Champion. I also think he is going to give Fury a real hard night.

6. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    There's an interview with Dean Whyte today and as much as normally I'd be happily skipping past it, I thought I'd have a listen at what he said.

Apart from the usual 'legal issues' talk he slates Frank Warren's shows compared to Matchroom, says he is surprised at the outcome of the purse bids and repeatedly says that we will have to see what plays out.

Regardless of what people think of him and his fake brother routine, it's all very quiet from that whole side.

7. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I know the split is not favourable to Whyte, but it’s still a lot of money. You have to start somewhere and the riches that will be on offer if he wins will be worth the short end in the long run. As a fan, I just want to see the fight and imo both fighters are being paid more than enough. Hope it doesn’t get spoiled by greed. I don’t think it will though, I just can’t see Whyte giving up his slot over money. I would like to think he has more about him than that.

Scissors likes this.
  8. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    The fight is possibly scheduled earlier than he expected and he is worried about his training and nutrition cycles.

9. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I think there are two possible reasons why he might be quiet; 1 is that he’s still taking legal action, 2 is that he feels no motivation to promote the fight so he’s just focusing on training, he can let Fury run around shouting dosser in front of the cameras.

Gregor1987, tee_birch and Scissors like this.
  10. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Just watched this. This fight won't happen.

Astro and Clarence Gianni like this.
  11. The Redemption o’ my Dad

The Redemption o’ my Dad Member banned Full Member

Jan 28, 2022
    Why would he pull out? He has a much better résumé than Fury and a bigger punch. He deserves 45% at least, though. He’s the much bigger draw.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  12. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It not just about the money its the kool aim they have been drinking from Eddie..

Eddie is very good at what he does and part of the collaratal damage of this is he creats these rock star guys to sell them to the public.

So Eddie pumps up their tyers both publicaly and privatly creating personas to promote his business.. He is very sucessful but those like Whyte he uses to acheive his goal believe the kool aid so they actually think they are bigger than Jesus..

So now Whyte is throwing away a career high payday because he thinks he is better than what he is..

13. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Wut???

TheWizard and Glenn McKrory like this.
  14. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Soooo I assume Helenius or Charr could be called in now it looks more and more likely that Whyte would rather walk away from this amazing opportunity that Frank Warren has presented him?

ipitythefool likes this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Where is this coming from??