Dillon Danis and Conor McGregor

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Gennady, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Gennady

Gennady Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2017
    This content is protected

I don’t like this kid, because he was talking too much before the Khabib fight, but have to say you can’t wish for a better cornerman during a fight.

Even if he gets rid off Kavanagh and Roddy (should) he is gonna keep Danis

2. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Danis talks a big game but his career as a black belt in bjj has been a huge disapointment. Most of his hype comes from the fact that he had a lot of great results in the colored belts, particularly at brown belt where he won a lot of tournaments and had an extremely high submission ratio (even though he got smashed badly by Tim Spriggs).

But at black belt he's pretty much lost decisvely everywhere. He lost in the first round of the ADCC twice and also lost in the first round of the worlds too. If I'm not mistaken he lost every match he had in 2017 except for two matches with AJ Agazarm, who is even more of a blow-hard than Danis.

Anyone who avidly follows BJJ knows that Danis and Garry Tonon have had a long standing rivalry in the New York/New Jersey area. Garry is up 2-0 with 1 submission in that rivalry and now both are pro mma fighters. Over the summer there was talk about a forthcoming fight between the two.

But now that talk seems really kind of silly. Tonon is steadily improving his craft, surrounded by the best brains in the game. He is 3-0 with 1 kayo and 2 subs and has looked better each time. Meanwhile Danis is 1-0, looked shakey as hell on the feet, and is running his mouth instead of fighting and getting better.

I actually think trash talking in martial arts is generally pretty stupid, but if a guy can do it like Gordon Ryan does, or Conor used to be able to, its not so bad. But when someone like Danis does 80% talking and 20% fighting, its just cringey.

3. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I don't book danis at all tbh