Disgusting but clever move by fraud..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Guidokz, Sep 18, 2009.

1. pejevan

pejevan inmate No. 1363917 Full Member

May 24, 2006
    I thought you said he could make it to 140 easily.

2. eze

eze Everybody Know Me Full Member

Aug 7, 2004

I still think he can, just because he chooses not to doesn't mean he cant.

It's unhealthy for the body to de hydrate like that.

Remember, Mayweather took time off to let his body heal.

3. VINBYKO

VINBYKO Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2009
    I thought he came in at 154 against Oscar ?

He will rehydrate on more pnds than JMM will. I still say we are looking at , at least a 5 - 9 pnd advantage for PBF fighnight.

4. Cocteau

Cocteau Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2009
    lol

hi clown :D:D:D:D:D

5. punchdynamo

punchdynamo Active Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Well ****, then why sign a contract to begin with if everyone can forgo their weight agreements during training camp if they think it's not healthy for their body. I mean, no fighter dehydrates for a fight.

6. Cocteau

Cocteau Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2009

Wrong. You obviously post unverified information, hence you're not credible.

Trivia for you: he has 1 fight where he weighed "more than" 154 lbs in the right.

7. eze

Aug 7, 2004

Show me where he has ever weighed more than 154.

Official or unofficial.

He weighed 150 for DLH.

Fail more.

8. Atritionist

Atritionist Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 7, 2008
    :good

9. eze

Aug 7, 2004

Nope. He came in at 150.

I don't think so. Mayweather stated he was weighing 146 weeks after signing the fight. I don't think he gain much if anything at all.

10. buxzer

buxzer Eastern Champ Full Member

Oct 4, 2008

What happens if you fail to follow the contract?? You will be penalized, right??...:hi:

11. eze

Aug 7, 2004

No clue. There's conflicting reports. Schaefer said the contract was that Floyd could weigh 147 and pay money to Marquez for being over 144. He wasn't contracted to that he MUST be under 144.

It was more so contracted that it is encouraged that he be under 144 or at 144.

12. eze

Aug 7, 2004

He followed the contract according to Schaefer.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. made the contracted weight of 147 pounds for his HBO Pay-Per-View fight on Saturday with Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

But when Mayweather weighed 146 pounds at Friday’s weigh-in, he was forced to pay a six-figure penalty to Marquez for coming in at more than 144 pounds, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer said.

Schaefer said the contract the fighters signed in May was for the bout to be at a limit of 147 pounds. But in that contract, each man agreed to a substantial penalty clause for every pound, or fraction thereof, more than 144.

13. Ivo

Ivo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This is disgusting. These fighters are sparated by a few weight divisions.

14. bachatu

bachatu Pro Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Manny's is still lower :deal... he is a genetically gifted physical specimen. so unique, you have mayweather's daddy making false accusations that he is on roids

15. punchdynamo

punchdynamo Active Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Come on man, you're going to give buy Schaefer's over the Athletic Commission.

He's the CEO of Golden Boy, he has $$ incentive for this fight to be controversy free, hence this sudden revelation about the contract when for months, everyone had thought it was going to be 144 to try and smooth things over and make it seem that it was anticipated.

Coincidentally, Floyd makes it in, 1lb less than the weight at which the fine doubles.