Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by brown bomber, Nov 7, 2010.

1. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Can you stop this crap, seriously? I mean with how many people that are telling you you're wrong I would have thought you'd have realised by now how much of an idiot you look. We don't mind questions, just don't try to argue that we're wrong when you have absolutely no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

Read, listen, learn and just shut the **** up.

2. Ylem

Ylem Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2009
    so its not used the least because its the largest muscle? largest muscle and nothing more then dead weight.

i was simply stating that the catabolizing of your chest back shoulders and arms starts to occur when you change from your normal training rountine to your marathon training routine and end when you begin your month recovery.

3. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Mr V.I.P. you should man up and spar Jeff. All this talk that he's a bum should be backed up with fists.

4. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    If I train to the point I'm squating 500lbs my legs would be pretty big. If I suddenly stop training my legs altogether the mass in my legs isn't required so the muscles will be catabolized to what is required for what I am doing at the time.

The reason marathon runners lose weight is because they don't eat enough to sustain a decent amount of muscle mass and most don't do activities strenuous enough to build muscle. You just notice it more in the upper body because that's the most obvious by looking at them.

5. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    im sure not eating enough is a factor but nothing you said disagrees with my point about your body naturally loosing upper body mass because its dead weight your body dosnt need it so its catabolized more then your legs and core.

6. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Why are you even trying to argue this, apart from the fact you have no clue it's completely irrelevant...

Go re-read my first post on this page.

7. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    im arguing it because your saying its wrong.

the original point was to explain why a marathon runner wouldnt be good at boxing straight away but of course every one has to tell me im wrong and weve gotten to this point.

8. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Is he? I'm a bit puzzled by the whole conversation to be honest. You both acknowledge reversibility :huh

9. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I'm just not going to bother trying to help you out. I don't know as much as Lefty, I know the very basics, he knows far more, but when both of us tell you you're wrong you try to argue you're right, it makes you look so ****ing stubborn and stupid. Can you accept the FACT you're wrong or what? Like I said we don't mind giving information, but when that information is thrown back at you by some guy that has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and won't accept he's wrong it gets kind of annoying. The best way to learn is questioning. Making up an answer, accepting that it's right then trying to argue that point to the death is ****ing stupid. Can you not see that?

10. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Mate, I don't even know anymore.

11. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    ive already stated my points else where in the thread im done here.

perhaps you should try the drill out, share your impressions.

12. PugilistStudent

PugilistStudent Active Member Full Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ok well maybe a "conditioning drill" but its just a term, but I think it should reflect the goals of what your doing.

Sparring is the 'duh' answer but controlled jab only sparring would be the best for improving the sense of distance with the jab in my opinion.

Theres little things you can do while hitting the bag also like getting it swinging and trying to land it at the perfect distance while is swings in any direction, stepping in and doing the same, etc. Jab only rounds.

Theres the hanging paper drill popularized by bruce lee as a speed training option but works well for distance.

13. scrap

scrap Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2006
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rA5z92M28E[/ame]

14. Ylem

Nov 3, 2009
    well i do pads bag sparring thinking about distance some of the time more so pads and bag and ive been working foot work so i can make better distance and i do a quick step back for distance into a falling step jab some times.

i was just hoping for some kind of conditioning to go with it instead of just jabbing over and over concentrating on distance.