Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by brown bomber, Nov 7, 2010.

1. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I do that with a tennis ball, alternating between hands.

2. ShamrockNapalm

ShamrockNapalm Rhythm Amongst The Chaos Full Member

Sep 23, 2010
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I'm interested as to what sport this guy is training for

Boxerball or basketboxing :think

3. TheOld1-2

TheOld1-2 Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2009

In a Rocky movie, don't remember which one, I remember Sly/Rocky, would bounce a handball while moving around.

Also seen some boxer at a gym do that once. Interesting.

4. yamazs

yamazs New Member Full Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Dunno if anyone has posted this already... but i use this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/billiardjay[/url]

it's called a mixed martial arts page but really it has mostly boxing stuff on it. Pretty basic. Mostly pad work.

click on his uploads... the Title boxing instructionals with David Lemieux as a kid are good for fundamentals.

it also helps to switch to grid view... the button on the top right (the one that looks like a grid).

5. wayneflint

wayneflint Active Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2010
    For the people with half a brain laughing at scraps post too ignorant and stupid to realise the good advice theyre being given, itll help with hand eye coordination and help your feet work better with your hands aswell.. i would have thought this would be obvious to anyone on these forums that does actually box or actually train to box, seen as though this is a vital coordination that MUST be improved to be even a half decent boxer.. guess not though, cant say im surprised.

So many 'experts' on these forums ready to criticize when people are just trying to help or give advice, its like being on a kids forum. good video brown bomber i love this exercise especially comes in handy when im pushed for time to train, ill sometimes mix it up with skipping and or sprints, even though i think the point in this video was missed by many i agree HIIT type training is the dogs bollocks when it comes to boxing and its all i really do now for intense recovery/stamina or fitness sessions.

Maybe rather than criticizing eachother we could all find or make a video of an exercise we do either good for boxing fitness or any drills to improve boxing skills, good idea bomber.

6. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    :good

7. vonLPC

vonLPC Active Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I agree with RDJ and Wayneflint. The original post by brown bomber was to get people on board with helping each other out, and one of the first posts was that he is not doing the Burpees correctly. This is about the most neutral thread one can make, and yet it still turns into either an opportunity to put others down or an intellectual debate over worthless, very minor verbage discrepancies.

Man, I can't imagine talking to some of you folks in person, it would be very frustrating.

8. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    He's doing his usual talk **** then when called out shut up and pretend nothing happened :lol:

9. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I know where he trains, i've messaged him as RDJ can probably confirm- if he's got a pair you guys will be the first to know.

10. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Cheers Wayne- this part of the forum should be locked for serious users only I think. Until then we're stuck with ******s- 1 week later and still no video's- also re scrap- you do know who he is don't you?

And these chaps laugh? Never mind..... their loss :rofl

11. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
  12. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Boxing. He's basically letting his hands go while moving, making sure his footwork is still correct. Try it before you knock it.

13. wayneflint

wayneflint Active Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Yes Jeff i know scrap m8 he talks highly of you when disscusions about the forums come up :p, funny old game the internet isnt it if only they all knew it would be a different story.

i visit scrap in person regular to work a lot of things out in boxing and in life lol. also to get my boxing education before i get qualified to coach, from the things ive seen theres no better place to get boxing education imo :D also with the hope of fighting pro myself someday lol :bbbor sometimes i call in just to hang out and chat bollocks lol.

Anway nice vid jeff, it would be interesting to see some others add some vids. ill add some once i recover from illness and am back in training lol, ive got a few vids on boxing skills and a few on fitness/recovery that i do in regular sessions but i cant get them on the pc.. ill get the missus to sort it when she gets in coz i havnt got a clue lol

14. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Nice one mate sounds good -

15. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Jeff, anymore videos coming soon?

Always looking for new drills and such.