Dmitry Bivol: A Kold Wind Blows From Kyrgyzstan-The Light Heavyweight Tokmok Buffalo.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Nov 19, 2014.

1. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Bivol is slated to face Felix Valera on May 21st.
    Not sure if this is for WBA interm belt which Felix currently holds.

Mr Traumatik likes this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This is great news, just like Masternak got robbed by Muller and Usyk made him pay, Bivol will not leave it up to the judges against Varela, and he'll give Varela his first L that he should have gotten against Kashtanov.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  3. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    I missed that fight.Did Varela get a gift decision against Kashtanov on Russian soil????? Can you still remember that fight,cst80? What was it like??

Bivol is matched very toughly.Thats for sure! Varela is his 7th pro fight.Damn!

4. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    He didn't win but maybe one round against Kashtanov, it was one of the biggest robberies of 2015, Kashtanov was a Ukrainian fighting on Russian soil. If that helps clear things up.

5. Odo

Jul 25, 2004
    haha.the term "Ukranian" and the term"russian soil" can be treacherous at times. Didnt their encounter take place on Crimea?? I guess a Ukranian and a Russian cant really agree whether the Crimean peninsula is truly russian or ukrainian.
    As far as I remember Kashtanov's mother tongue is russian and he is from one of the eastern russian speaking cities.I may be wrong of course.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Bivol vs Conceicao

Not the best quality but it's more than watchable

[YT]X2Nu1LK2NiM[/YT]

7. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    The ring girl at 4:15 has an ass like whoa. Now I have to watch more fights that were held in The Hangar :hey

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: It caught my eye too. That said, I'm like a hawk on the look out for prey when it comes to hot ring card girls. My eyes instinctively immediately hone in on their asses as soon as I catch sight of them lol

9. Odo

Jul 25, 2004
    Bivol's matchmaking cant be called soft.Thats for sure:D
    It is always a pleasure and a feat for my eyes to watch him do his job inside a ring.
    Bivol has become one of my favourite pro fighters over the last few months.:good

10. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Bivol - Valera is on, 12 rounds for WBA interim.

:ko

Zola29 and Mr Traumatik like this.
  11. Alabama BBQ

Alabama BBQ Guest

Any fight predictions?

12. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah Bivol by KO in 6 or 7, Valera is garbage, he was handed a huge gift over Kashtanov I scored the match 11-1 for Kashtanov and Valera was rocked once or twice IIRC, but for some strange reason Dominicans seem to always win when the WBA is involved, not to mention Kashtanov is Ukrainian and the fight was held in Russia.

13. silencio

silencio Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Another potential gem in an already hot division. Great boxing skills (probably even better than Kovalev), powerful shots, accuracy, timing and ring control. Seems to have all it takes to be a champ. Has to watch for counter punches, though. Time to see him on a major undercard on TV.

14. silencio

silencio Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2013
    He's very talented, but in the wrong division. He needs to (and could) move down to 168. There he can clean up. At 175 he loses to Kovalev, Beterbiev, Ward. Most probably to Gwozdyk and Mekhontsev too, though I give him a chance against Shabranskyy. He'll have a contested fight against Fonfara, but he'll win on points.