Dmitry Bivol vs Andre Ward: Who would have won?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, May 9, 2022.

Who wins

1. Dmitry Bivol

59 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Andre Ward

38 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    If Bivol and Ward had fought who would you have favored? I think it would have been interesting to see how this played out, especially knowing that Ward CAN be outboxed by a rangier fighter like Kovalev. Ward would have to dig deep and possibly resort to his usual mauling tactics to make the fight uncomfortable for Bivol.

wassupjg and Jackstraw like this.
  2. Johnny1987

Johnny1987 Member banned Full Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Bivol would do pretty much what Kovalev did but cleaner. He would get robbed though no doubt about it. Ward is horrendously over rated and very dirty

3. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck King Richard IV Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    With an honest, fair referee and judges, Bivol would win easily.

Ward was an average fighter without his dirty, illegal tactics and dodgy officials.

4. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Bivol doesn't have to cheat

5. tinman

tinman Bivol is the Papi Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Andre Ward went at it in a close fight with a prime Kovalev. Stop this nonsense.

6. quest00

quest00 New Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2015
    First of all Bivol won't have the Power to keep Ward honest like Kovalev obviously had. Best believe Ward was indeed a talented fighter and not just an average fighter. He is easily top 3 Super middles of all time Top 5 at the worst. He was cagey fighter, some can argue dirty at times but that does not negate his overall skill and ability. People have said similar things about B-Hop and Holyfield, but no one can deny their All Time Status as two of the best fighters in their weight class.

7. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Bivol UD but in a more competitive fight IMO.

8. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Ward, wouldn't have to rob him like he did Kovalev.

9. Oddone

Oddone Tony Yoko’s life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    The problem with ANY Andre Ward hypothetical is separating the fighter from the blatant nonsense that dogs his legacy...

In this fight does Ward get away with low blows, elbows and every other trick plus corrupt judging? Then Ward wins a battle similar to his fight against Kovalev.

If the referee doesn't allow that and the judges are fair, then it's 60/40 or even 70/30 Bivol.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  10. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Ward is a higher level of fighter from Bivol. He'd win more clearly than Bivol beat Canelo.

hoopsman likes this.
  11. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Ward would be favored but I would give Bivol a decent shot. Bivol did just as good against Barrera as Ward did. Ward doesn't have great power. Very few in the boxing world gave Bivol a shot except Bradly, Diaz and Atlas against Canelo. Mayweather put 10k on him.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  12. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Notwithstanding the rough-house stuff, Ward was mentally tough, adaptable, deceptively strong, and highly intuitive. He was also a high IQ boxer and a better athlete than he often gets credit for.

Ward blueprints Bivol and outpoints him down the stretch for a competitive decision win.

13. bailey

bailey Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Ward didn't seem interested in facing boxer movers
    He didn't face Andre Dirrell, didnt seem interested in Bute, decided against Degale.
    With that it is difficult to assess how the fight may have gone
    I would favour Bivol with the feeling he would keep the fight at range a bit more

14. jquest

jquest Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Yes, I always thought Ward gets overhyped. As much as I do not like him or his style, he is a very good fighter with all the skills and dirty tricks. The only B level slick boxer mover he faced was Dawson who he drained down. For me he clearly needed to face Dirrell, Degale or Bute in the short windows in which they were relevant and would have caused problems for Ward we never really saw answered. Kovalev is a great boxer and he was ramming his jab into Wards face in both fights consistently

bailey likes this.
  15. UndergroundBoxing

UndergroundBoxing Member Full Member

Feb 2, 2022
    Great fantasy fight. I always go with Ward because he always found a way. He could box and move and then also dog it out and show serious grit if need be. He’d drag Bivol into a rough fight and have the edge. However, Bivol has ice in his veins sort of discipline and it’s hard to see him getting sucked in to somebody else’s type of fight as we saw against Canelo the other night

Greg Price99 and Perkin Warbeck like this.