Dmitry Bivol vs Andre Ward: Who would have won?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, May 9, 2022.

Who wins

1. Dmitry Bivol

59 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Andre Ward

38 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. ZablieJudahnoff

ZablieJudahnoff Charleston White 2024 Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I don't want to see a legend like Bivol having to share the ring with a man dirtier than Agapito Sanchez and Abner Mares. Dmitry is ABOVE that!

2. jquest

jquest Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Bivol has discipline and I would hope that it would be enough to beat Ward who also has very good discipline and ring IQ. However Ward also plays mind games with his opponents like he did with Kovalev and I kind of see someone like Bivol being undone by that. Those Eastern European fighter don't really play mind games or talk smack but sometimes come undone by talkers, think Lomachenko - Lopez.

UndergroundBoxing likes this.
  3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Both Ward and Kovalve from their first fight would've beaten both Canelo and Bivol.

tinman likes this.
  4. iceferg

iceferg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    That fight wasn't close and I wouldn't say Kovalev was prime certainly not in the second fight.

OldSchoolBoxing likes this.
  5. Presenting-Fight-Film

Presenting-Fight-Film Member Full Member

Apr 18, 2022
  6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ward is a nightmare for anybody who hasn't heavy hands to gain his respect. Ward also has a slight reach advantage. I would favor him to win

drenlou likes this.
  7. elbonzoseco

elbonzoseco Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Bivol is better than Kovalev in everything that would matter in a fight against Ward except for power (note I'm not saying he's better overall or would win against the best version of Kovalev). But in a style matchup against Ward he is mentally more stable, disciplined, better gas tank. In a fair fight he would beat Ward IMO just as comfortable as Canelo.

8. Presenting-Fight-Film

Presenting-Fight-Film Member Full Member

Apr 18, 2022
    faster hands and lets them go

9. drenlou

drenlou "Survey Says, 1 More For The Good Guys!" Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Andre Ward by decision. Bivol would have his moments of course, hes a great fighter but one thing Ward was good at besides being rough on the inside:)), was making adjustments in the ring when needed, and that comes with all his years on top in his divisions and in the sport. His big fight experience would be the difference imo.

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Ward beats Bivol, Beterbiev and Kovalev on a level playing field without his billy goat butts, octopus grabbing, low blows, elbows, and the rest of his ''veteran tactics''

He'd beat them in Russia or (Russia and Canada in Beterbiev's case) with a full set of home officials too

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I am very physically stay humble Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Tough fight to predict but I'd say Bivol might nick it in a cagey, hard to score contest (assuming fair judges and reffing of course). Ward was great at adapting though, and always found a way to win, while Bivol is still relatively untested in this category. If Bivol can beat Beterbiev (who will test him) then I'd give him a much more decisive shot.

12. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Lol. Andre Ward had a close fight with Kovalev.

120-108 Bivol

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  13. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Stylewise Beterbiev might be a horrible fight for him, a big, strong guy with scary power who is actually great on the inside.

OldSchoolBoxing and Serge like this.
  14. Salty Dog

Salty Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Ward would figure out how to do it and then do it. It wouldn't be close. Sorry, ESB.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  15. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Ward by low blows.

Tolak80 likes this.