Do boxers lift weights? I’m assuming low weight high reps?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by ClassicRon, May 1, 2018.

1. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Yeah you're right and all those professional athletes and coaches are wrong, plus I've felt the benefits before. AJ is at the forefront of modern scientific training, guess what...... he stretches!!!

2. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    If you don’t believe the physiological facts and the evidence then that’s on you. If you want to waste your time by emulating others instead of understanding what you’re doing then that’s fine. Sports coaches and professional athletes only know what they’ve grown up with and what the experts tell them. Usually what they’ve grown up with trumps anything. As I said there are rituals and habits, and athletes are often superstitious and not wanting to change anything.
    As someone who works with elite athletes and coaches I can tell you that coaches are stubborn and athletes aren’t intelligent in general. I would only imagine it’s worse in the backwards boxing world.

steve21 and viru§™ like this.
  3. scrap

scrap Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Actually this Osteopath was the Orthopedic consultant, to the Royal family. Royal Ballet England Rugby Team, and when at Harvard as the Professor there, He worked with the Boston Celtics. Plus He invented the Protocol, for Keyhole Knee Surgery, what does He know.

4. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    Great, so what’s his name and how many articles has he had published in sports journals? Because I don’t care if he is Einstein or Tesla, being an expert at something doesn’t mean that you’re an expert in things you know nothing about. If he says the nonsense you’ve said in the past then I have some bad news... the guy lied to you and you bought it. I’m looking forward to learning about this magical osteopath who apparently also had some credible professions on the side.

5. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Anthony Joshua is slow, muscle bound, and has **** poor stamina. If he's your shining example of modern scientific training then you've surrendered your position.

6. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    I trained Amateurs, for 20 years for free. then had 10 years with the pros. In that time I produced or won 41 titles. with the Fighters I worked with. World, Commonwealth, European, British, and English, Then I met a man whose influence, gave me a new perspective, Now Im working with Amateurs, and repairing people, LOVE IT. all for free.

7. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    Name? And I don’t mean you Howard, I mean the nobel prize winning astronaut that cured cancer.
    I suspect you’ve got osteopath and orthopedic surgeon mixed up. They’re not the same thing buddy.

8. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    Hell of a lot, if you were in the Know like you say, you should Know. I had 7 years with Him.
    No what I said, is what He is simple really.

9. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    Plus the Astronaut, was a Doctor, it was an interesting way They did it, Magnetic Fields Im into.

10. Hercules

Hercules New Member Full Member

May 16, 2018
    First and foremost you own your club, where would else would they go for free.

11. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    I dont own the Club I help out there.

12. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    By the way. why do you keep changing your user name.

13. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    If you think he's slow then i think you should quit the crack.....

14. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    You mean about Eyes and the Oral Cavity, He was Spot on

15. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    Plus the reason to stretch, forgot that one.