Do people honestly think Teo Lopez has a chance against Loma?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Well of course they can just sacrifice him to Loma. But Linares would be a big career boost and a learning experience. It would move the young kids career forward.

2. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    You guys all talking about Loma...

The only way this Fimo kid gets past Comney is via a rotten decision (which let's be honest, the cards are already penciled in against this African). There's a very real shot that Lopez gets drilled and stopped here.

Loma fight will be made right after that. We all know the result. Lopez definitely will take it cause he has a family now and wants to get paid. After the bout they can cite inexperience and weight issues as the reason for a shutout loss.

Between the Jap, Comney and Loma the kid will learn some valuable lessons. 140 is no joke and his size advantage won't count for all that much up there. Hooker, Taylor, Prograis...possibilities are endless for some violent bouts.

3. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Man, I think zero chance Oscar or TopRank want to make that fight. Bob's got solid bouts lined up in-house with Comney and Loma. Linares would carve this kid like a turkey if he doesn't get caught in those first 3 rds. There's no upside for Arum in going this route.

4. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    there ain't a downside if they fight

Badbot likes this.
  5. TheMotorCityCobra

TheMotorCityCobra Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Teo is only 21, he will continue to improve with each passing fight. He's not gonna ice everyone he faces, you can't expect a young kid to look spectacular every time out. There's still a learning curve as the level of opposition increases, Nakatani's jab, speed and length were very effective in nullifying Teo's power early. But, he just easily won a title eliminator vs a undefeated, 30 year old, long, tough 6'0" guy, who he ended up out-landing 129-68 in power shots. I'll give the kid a little slack, he's still just a baby in the sport. I'm really looking forward to Lopez-Commey and I think Nakatani was a great learning experience for Teo. If he does manage to get past Commey, I see no reason not make a Lopez-Loma fight in early 2020. I think it would be great for boxing.

Note: I still consider Virgil Ortiz the best young fighter in boxing. That dude is a freakin machine, and conventional wisdom does not apply to Virg.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  6. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Looks like people are getting a bit too overexcited about Lopez’s stoppage win over Commey. Impressive, but not an automatic favorite over Loma. I still believe that Loma can box Lopez silly so long as he doesn’t get hit with a big right. Question is if Lopez doesn’t let his emotions get the better of him and mentally shut down if he looks bad.

7. zicas

zicas Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2007
    There's always a chance.
    Loma obviously more skilled and experienced, but he did get dropped by a short right from Linares... Slim chance Teofimo catches him with enough bombs, you would think you need to land flush on him several times.

Lopez gets lost in the Matrix but keeps it tense and exciting! Loma UD12

He might still go on to become champion in multiple classes, kinda like green Canelo after his loss to Floyd.. Great timing for the fight as Loma is not getting any younger.

8. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    :bump
    One of those threads where I just have to bump and I don’t mind admitting that I was dead wrong. Still fun looking back at threads like these, even if I have to be the one to eat that crow pie ;)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  9. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
  10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Lol

Pimp C likes this.
  11. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Lol

Pimp C likes this.
  12. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Lol

13. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    @,@

Sinew likes this.
  14. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Doesnt suck but put out the official blueprint on how to beat Loma.

15. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    the esb boxing brain trust. so many degrees of wrong makes me feel like i almost got it right.

Pimp C likes this.