Do you agree with Floyd that Cotto is technically undefeated?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by donizhere, May 1, 2012.

1. Poonpuppy

Poonpuppy Active Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I'm Rican and I have tons of love for Miguel, but no, he got totally outclassed by Pac fair and square.

His loss to Tony is the only one I think should be discredited, for obvious reasons.

2. king khan

king khan Boxing Junkie banned

Apr 9, 2012

:lol:

yes, for most hardcore (REAL) boxing fans, the Bradley/Pacquiao fight is much more meaningful than Cotto/Mayweather, which is just a "money fight". . . Mayweather obviously picked the biggest name, and thanks to Arum manuevering Cotto in the 154 pound weight class, people who don't really know a lot about boxing (the casual, mainstream fan who will mostly be purchasing this fight), are suckered into believing Cotto is somehow "more dangerous", and "a different man", than he was when pac whiped his ass.

Bradley doesn't have one punch KO power, no; however, he is very physically strong, and has plenty of power to get your respect. . . He is fast, awkward, unorthodox, and has a very good defense (as evinced by how few times he's been hit). . Not to mention, Bradley's "third fist" (his HEAD), which certainly DOES have "fight ending power" :yep

If you don't think Bradley is more deserving of a higher rank in the pound for pound listing, then I'm sorry, but you just don't know shite about boxing (as much as that gets tossed around unfairly, it certainly applies to you here).

3. Fightfan1912

Fightfan1912 Active Member Full Member

Dec 30, 2010
    No. Altough its possible that Margarito had loaded gloves the fact remains it was never proven.

Against Pacquiao he was clearly beaten even if the playing field wasnt level. The catch weights Pacquiao makes opponents take is a joke - if he cant make the full Welter limit then have the fight at 140lb. Fact remains though that Cotto should not have taken the fight if there were concerns over the weight.

So no, Cotto is not technically unbeaten. However, on both accounts his two defeats could and probably should be blamed on his corner and management.

I also thought Clottey beat him but it was close.