Do you agree?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by miniq, Mar 4, 2021.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    There's no such thing as a Kronk Fury. :lol:

Do you even know who McCall is? Probably the best chin ever at HW.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Who said anything about knocking him out?

This content is protected

3. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Oh, so you think Fury will wait until McCall is forced in to a fight he should not be in due to drug usage. I doubt you even saw this fight, or know the circumstances about this. Were you "partying with Oscar" then? :lol:

4. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bruh I was in nappies when this fight happened. You're right though I'm still fairly ignorant about 90's era boxing into the early 2000's. It's funny though when you go back and the rose tinted glasses are clearly on for people who actually did see fights or just get their info 2nd hand. Most people don't have a clue about Ali as a fighter if you scratch further.

5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018

To be fair, a Locomotive most likely couldn't dent that guys chin either

6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018

Are you looking forward to getting back to School?

7. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Nothing rose tinted about McCall taking the best shots from a HW not known for power. Even in the rematch against Lewis, while defenseless, he shrugged off punches. McCall is one of those fighters who has never been dropped, NOR looked to be hurt in a fight. There's a big reason he was Mike Tyson's sparring partner. he could take what Iron mike dished.

Could Fury outpoint McCall, certainly. And that is his only avenue to a victory in my opinion. Hey man, I love Fury, but I won't allow my love for him to sell me this HW era as nothing short of garbage. It's literally horrendous! After AJ and Fury, the rest of the HW's are mediocre at best. In a H2H sense, I can see Fury (Who fought DW in the rematch) giveing issues to any HW ever. Now whether that was Fury from now on, or just how he looked against Wilder, is still out to jury. If he consistently looks great, that changes everything. I HOPE he continues to look great BTW. Love seeing he big lug singing after fights. And he works the mic better than anyone else.

I don't really speak of Ali much other than the fights I've seen on video or the net.

Anyway, you now I HEART you Miniq. You're quality poster even when going a bit too far.

Malph likes this.
  8. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    He literally beat the best in the division when he beat Wlad.

Then he beat Wilder who was the most feared power puncher and undefeated champion.

9. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Vlad was old. He beat Vlad in probably the worst HW title fight in memory.

He did way better than expected against Wilder who hits like a nuclear weapon but has horrible boxing skills.

Don't get me wrong. Those are very good wins, but I'm not ready to call him the best that ever lived.

He still needs to beat AJ. AJ is also a top heavyweight of the era. Let's see how that goes.

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  10. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I think he has all the tools to beat all the heavies in history. A focused in shape, determined Fury is a force. His size and movement sets him apart. As you know, it takes more than physical attributes to beat great fighters.

11. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Then Earth Is flat. Lol

12. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I'm not saying he's the best that ever lived but your quote said he needs to beat the other top fighters around, which he has done apart from AJ.

At this stage, does a win against AJ even really elevate him? Is AJ a better win than Wlad or Wilder?

ShovelHook likes this.
  13. Malph

Mar 31, 2007
    I see your point but if he loses against AJ that will say something.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Aj is better than Wilder but not so sure about Wlad. Styles make fights however and Aj would have a much higher workrate than Wlad did in the Fury fight and would probably press the action. Something like this could trouble Fury

15. Malph

Mar 31, 2007
    Exactly. That's why they have to fight. Styles make fights and AJ is big enough, powerful and skilled enough to present problems.

A rate Fury a little higher but you never know. They need to feed.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.