Do you consider Fury the Greatest HW since Lennox?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxlight, Mar 24, 2020.

1. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    This is why Fury is so frustrating. Had he not lost so much time we could well be making judgements about his place in Heavyweight history but right now he's a hugely talented footnote.
    Best since Lewis ? Most frustrating since Baer !

2. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    didn't UKAD officially overturn Fury's wins against Klitschk and Hammer as NC?

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  3. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    No, lol.

Hasn't even distinguished himself as the undisputed best of this era, imo.

4. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Agreed

gdm and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  5. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Vitali > Lewis > Wlad > Fury

Somali Sanil likes this.
  6. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Mate, it is a nonsense argument in the era of multiple titles. Holmes went on years fighting the Zanons and Ledouxs while throwing belts away to avoid fighting Page and outright refusing to fight Thomas or unify with anybody. Yeah, I get that a lot of those guys didn't live up to potential, but maybe they would have if they had gotten a grab at the real brass ring. We will never know, because we had a guy who wanted to rack up 19 defenses as easily as possible.

Fury is fighting the best. And when he beats Joshua, which I believe he will, he will stand head and shoulders above guys like Holmes, who helped contribute to title proliferation and ruining the sport.

Sorry, but there it is.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  7. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Yes he is fighting at his best at the present time, no doubt. But it is too early to fairly judge him as the greatest of all time. We will be able to make a fair assessment when and if he earns his stripes like others in the past have. Sure many of the past champs have fought the nobodies, totally agree, but they earned their stripes against other great fighters. I just have heard it too many times, Sonny Liston in 1962, George Foreman, in 1973, and recently Andy Ruiz, last year. I look forward to a bout with Anthony Joshua. The Fury vs Wilder rubber match set for July 18 2020, has been postponed because of the Corona Virus, time unknown, but it was set for Las Vegas, Nevada.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Very much this.

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  9. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
  10. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Better then Lewis.
    At least he’s more watchable.
    Wow never thought I’d say that!

11. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Wlad Klitschko is the greatest HW since Lennox. His 10 year reign as undefeated HW champion means in terms of longevity and legacy he is very difficult to beat.

Fury had one legacy defining win and ran away. He now has another legacy defining win and that is it. He needs to stick around and get some ATG wins to be considered as the best since Lennox.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  12. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Definitely not.
    The guy has only had 3 titlefights, and although he won all 3 in my eyes, one still has a * attached to it and his resume beyond that is anything but deep.
    Plus we still have to see what his second biggest win, and best performance was worth in the long run.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    No, that distinction quite clearly belongs to Wlad. However, that being said, I still staunchly believe there's not a man born from their mother who can beat Tyson Fury, though.

gdm and George Crowcroft like this.
  14. LeeD1982

LeeD1982 Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2019
    How?

15. TFP

TFP Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2012
    If he keeps up his Wlad/Wilder level for say another 3 top level fights - yes.

Until then - insufficient evidence.