Do you consider Fury the Greatest HW since Lennox?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxlight, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    It isn't my opinion. Tyson Fury contractually agreed to fight Wladimir Klitschko in the rematch and he ducked. The rematch was part of the contract. That's not my opinion.

2. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Red herring logical fallacy. This topic evaluates Tyson Fury, not Wladimir Klitschko. So your 'fact' is irrelevant to the topic of discussion in this thread.

3. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Its not a red herring , its consistency. If pulling out of a fight makes somebody a ducker , then Wladimir Klitschko is a ducker for withdrawing against Derrick Chisora one day before the fight.
    This is your line of thinking , not mine. You know you can't defend your position because it will expose you as a hypocrite.

navigator likes this.
  4. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    It is a red herring, because this topic as I've already pointed out, is evaluating Fury and not anyone else. Thus, bringing in any other boxer to evaluate is a red herring by definition in this t thread.

5. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    And as I said in another thread;

Not to say that stating Fury would've thrashed Wlad is equal to Fury thrashing Wlad in reality, but it's worth about as much as this 'duck' talk, considering that, although the storms encircling Fury conspired to kill the rematch, the two men did in fact box each other in November 2015 and the score will always be Fury 1-0 Klitschko.

dinovelvet likes this.
  6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I'll say it for the third time.
    If Fury ducked the rematch , then Wladimir Klitschko ducked Derrick Chisora.. Is this statement true or false ?

I know you cannot and will not respond as whatever excuse you come up with will only expose your double standards.

7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    OMG! Premiering live right now

Round 3 now but you can start from the beginning

This content is protected

sid likes this.
  8. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    And for the third time, you've committed a red-herring logical fallacy. Repeating a fallacy doesn't make it not a fallacy.

9. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Furys 2 World heavyweight championship wins are deserving of the highest of praise, but that does not qualify him as greatest since Lennox.
    Can/will Fury be able to hold his demons and excesses in check over extended period to enable him to defend title a number of times? That is the question, i truly think he can, but i never thought he would have screwed up post Wlad fight, so time will tell.

Get a good handful of defences and/or unify the title then yes i would happily see him as the greatest since Lewis.

10. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I see it as Lennox knew when it was time to say thank you and good night, a decision made away from media spotlight and public glare.

Lewis was 38 when hung up his gloves as undisputed champion, Marciano retired at 31 as undisputed king, both knew when to exit stage left.

Neither Lewis or Marciano had financial need to continue, and neithers ego prevented them from retiring and staying retired, seeing once great champions continuing to fight yet are a pale shadow of what they once were is sad to see.

Retiring as the undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World now that is a title no one can ever take off you.

A favourite boxing quote that for me engenders what every heavyweight champion should feel when he holds those belts, is this one from Rocky Marciano himself:
    "What could be better than walking down any street in any city and knowing you're the heavyweight champion of the world?"

11. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    this