Do you consider Golota to have glass chin?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ayatollah, Jul 14, 2007.

1. RAMPAGE0017

RAMPAGE0017 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2007
    Everytime he's been knocked down he looked perfectly concious. It's hard to put his chin on a scale, but I guess I'll say he just has an average chin.

2. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    mcCall was a good promoter of this
    he may have super-titonicironstepplated chin and decent power and speed but when your in no reason to fight then thats it

3. barneyrub

barneyrub Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2004
    if you consider he got straight up as soon as he touched canvas against Tyson then that answers your question.

4. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    No, just a glass psyche

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    While his chin is not cast iron it isn't anywhere near glass. You only have to watch the 2nd fight with Bowe where he had his jaw fractured from Bowe's long righ hands to see he didn't have a bad chin.

While he was KO'd by big punchers like Brewster and Lewis it doesn't mean he had a bad chin, he just got hit with bombs from punchers who could KO most fighters. The Grant stoppage had as much as his fragile mental state as his chin as that was a fight he should have definately won.

Golota has a decent to good chin in my opinion, but he often crumbled under pressure so when he was floored he didn't respond well to it.

6. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    He seems to freeze against punchers.

Not necessarily that his chin lacks the ability to take good shots, but it seems like a mental thing.

Especially since a lot of those attacks came so early in the fight.

7. doom bull

doom bull Certified Limb Boner Full Member

Oct 27, 2005
    Golota fought well in the Bowe fights but the fact that he is a dumb piece of **** prevailed.

8. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Glass brain is probably right. I do not really think he is dumb in the sense of having a low IQ. He definitely has issues though. He is not quite "right" upstairs.

9. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    I think he has a very good chin. Only trouble is his mind. Just look at the monster right that Tyson caught him with and Golota got up in 1 second. Pretty good.

10. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Golota is Grade A+ china

11. markusmaar

markusmaar Active Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Spiderweb strand thick glass nerves!

I've never seen him truly "hurt", only dazed and confused. He always seems capable of getting up, but the fight goes out of him after most knockdowns.

I'd actually give him a "B" rating on his chin, and a "D-" (or worse) on his mental fortitude.

I wonder (seriously) if he has ever consulted a hypnotist regarding his problem.

Markus

12. PolishPummler

PolishPummler Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2005
    It was no sevret what made him the way he is.Andrew was an orphan with a stutter who got picked on growing up which why he became a Boxer in the first place.

The same things that lead him to becomming a Boxer are the same things that eat at him.I think not until recently he has come to terms with his past.He has been a lot more mellow in the past few years.Too bad mental stability came only after his fighting prime.

13. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Exactly. Golota did not have a true glass jaw, like Hasim Rahman or Herbie Hide. Guys with true china chins get knocked out cold, and usually quite a few times at that. Golota was never laid out cold like those type of guys. He simply fell apart mentally when under fire. There's a difference.:yep

14. markusmaar

markusmaar Active Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I really do wish Golota the best and would like to see him make one final run at the championship. If he can conquer his nerves he be a serious threat to virtually any HW title holder. Wlad could obviously knock him down, but isn't usually a lightning starter himself anyway.

Perhaps a rematch with Grant would be in order -- he needs to avenge a loss to gain some confidence. Prove his metaphysical "Chin".

Markus

15. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :fire :fire :fire :fire :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This post is unGodly! I hope Khatami strangles you with his turban!

:bart
    :****
    This content is protected