Do you consider Golota to have glass chin?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ayatollah, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Stewbear

Stewbear Active Member Full Member

May 5, 2006
    Did I miss this fight?:patsch
    and even if you watched a different fight to the rest of us, Grant could punch pretty hard:!:

2. Villain

Villain Active Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    No. He just loses control when the heat is on.

3. Sakura

Sakura Boxing Addict banned

Nov 22, 2006

Somehow i agree:yep

4. andyZOR

andyZOR Obsessed with Boxing banned

Feb 28, 2007

True. ; [

5. Hoax976

Hoax976 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Golota has a good chin. Not Tua like granite, but good. He's been bombed out early a few times, but only cause he didn't get a to warm up and he's a slow/nervous starter. Golota showed an amazing chin vs Bowe, Pouha and Tyson.

6. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006
    ...bit like bruno...a good chin, just an inability to cope with extreme pressure....

7. Shpion

Shpion IDF Full Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Yes, unfortunately.

8. dragosuhail

dragosuhail Active Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    nah Golota's chin above average for heavyweights, it's just his mental ability or lack there of to cope with shock and awe. glass chin candidates usually have a funny reaction to being hit.

chicken dance, drooling, eyes roll up into their heads, extremely bad equilibrium after getting up.

there are some fighters who have good beards like chris byrd who drooled a bit against ike ibuchi, BUT that was after a massive hook and some previous excellent shots.

if a fighter displays the above symptoms from ONE punch, or punches that dont seem that hard (snapping the head around etc.) then yeah they deserve glass chin status.

golota got up from the kd's, and looked rather okay but he had the look of "oh ****, this is too hard, **** it".

9. mario

mario Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2007
    i hope he makes it, i'd really like to see him get ahold of a title, its all in his head though and thats the problem

10. paulfv

paulfv Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Oh, yeah. Definite glass chin

11. Loufatski

Loufatski Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 31, 2004
    Golota has one of the best chins ever seen in the sport.

Brewster scored knock-downs, not knock-outs. Each time Golota was up on the count of one. He simply got caught cold... many call it getting ICED.

In his fight against Tyson, Golota absorbed on of the biggest right hands the public had ever seen Tyson throw. Golota's glove touched the canvas and he was up on one... if that's not a good chin, I don't know what is.

And by the way, for those who think Grant knocked him out, think again. Golota took a series of big punches and was beaten down and up on two. He could have easily continued but when the ref asked the punch drunk Golota if he wanted to continue, Golota said no. As Big George Foreman commented during the fight... you don't ask a man if he wants to continue when he's not sure where he is. Golota should have taken a knee for an 8 count and he would have cruised to an easy victory, especially after beating the ever living hell of of Grant throughout the entire fight.

"Glass brain" and "glass will" are much better descriptions for Andrew.

12. Shpion

Shpion IDF Full Member

Feb 9, 2007

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Quote of the day.

13. paulfv

paulfv Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Yeah, that is probably better. Unfortunately, 'glass will' ends up = 'glass chin'

14. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    Not always, but usually something glass is translated to glass chin which is
    very popular term and for some people only term which they understand.

For example Wlads glass stamina was leading him to collapsing vs Purity and Brewster
    and finally punches ended the fight so glass stamina => glass chin.
    More examples may be provided if needed.

15. emanuel_augustus

emanuel_augustus Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    I don't know, but it's a good thing for Bowe that he didn't have glass balls.