Do you consider Vitaly over Wlad ....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stinky gloves, Aug 28, 2007.

1. paulfv

paulfv Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Head-to-head, Vitali would destroy Wlad, so I have to say he's #1.

2. Odo

Odo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Haha!

"other than he can take a good beating"

As far as I can remember he was the one who was ahead on points against Lewis up to the time when the fight was stopped.And didnt Lewis take a good beating that night,too?

"Sdunek a weak trainer?"
    Why the hell is Vitaly still with him ? With a weak coach who has trained DM,Dimitrenko,Erdei,Boytsov,Ullrich,Veit,Gevor,Balzsay,Zbik,and dozens of other known names?
    And why on earth is he still Wlad's fitness coach?
    Why does he still write all fitness plans for Wlad?
    Your comment on Sdunek just showed your ignorance about our beloved sport!

"The division is weak"
    Well,this is your opinion.Your entitled to your opinion.I for my part think that most of the present heavies are head and shoulders above those fighters who fought at Holmes' era.

3. 1-Ton

1-Ton Walking in the Light Full Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Vitali had come pretty close to being "the man" beacause he caught the attention of the US boxing media. After the Lewis fight, he had fights in the US against Sanders and Williams. If he never got hurt and had been fighting all this time, he would easily be considered the best HW right now.

4. jisi

jisi Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    :good

5. Rudolph

Rudolph Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I really don't get all the hype around Vitali, especially when it comes to brother vs brother comparisons...
    Wlad has the better wins on his resume. Wlad is a two-time champ WITH legitimate defences. Wlad has overcome adversity and he has avenged a loss. Wlad is technically superior to his brother and packs better one-punch KO power in either hand. The only thing his brother has an advantage over him is the chin thing. So fcking what?

6. Rudolph

Rudolph Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Wow, where has that come from? Sdunek hasn't been anywhere near Wlad ever since the first Brewster fight.

7. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Who cares what known names hes with? Pat Burns has worked with a lot of known names, and I think hes a weak trainer as well. So has Don Turner, and I feel the same way about him. You want me to name some more?
    I think you are answering your own question. Hes a good fitness trainer perhaps. But as far as preparing his fighters to face all styles, especially the american style of more infighting and "fighting" rather than outside boxing, he comes up short. It takes more of a strategist to be a great trainer to devise gameplans to exploit the opponents weaknesses. Im sure Sdunek will have Vitali in great shape to absorb more punishment in his future fights though. :good
    The only strategy he was good at was advising his fighters like DM which fights to avoid which would exploit his weaknesses as a trainer =)

8. mrbassie

mrbassie Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Neither of them were or are even remotely close