Do you guys think Lyakhovich ruined Brewster's career?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by boxingcar, Jul 7, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Wlad's latest win was just the last nail in the coffin.
    I'm still wondering to this day how in the **** briggs was able to finish Sergei...

2. loveforboxing

loveforboxing Active Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2006
    we'll find out tonight

3. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    I think Lyakhovich did in fact ruin Brewster. I called it at the time. The accumalation of damage Lamon took durring his career was brought to a head by Layakhovich. Despite winning, Brewster took a beating from Vlad in their first fight. Brewster is a tough, durable guy, but the human body can only take so much. I think he is done as a top tier guy.

4. emanuel_augustus

emanuel_augustus Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Liakovich took it out of him, but frankly he looked like he didn't want to be there tonight. When you're talking about your wife and kids and stuff before the fight, it's pretty much over right there. The fire is gone, regardless of what he may physically have or not have.

5. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005

All I remember is that it was a super boring fight...both looked very hesistant too (even though sergei was doing a slightly better job)...but he just wasn't the same...

and to think that brewster vs lyak was one of the best HW fight in years...

what a disappointment...

6. d00k

d00k Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Brewster had already taken a beating by Krasniqi before the Liakovich fight, he managed to catch Luan though and won in much the same fashion as the first wladimir fight.

7. bmf95b

bmf95b Boxing Fan Full Member

Jan 9, 2007
    How much cash did brewster make?

8. Madison

Madison I must break you. Full Member

Jul 28, 2006
    I think Wladimir ruined Brewster - twice!

Actually, I think Brewster could do a lot of damaged in the division even at this point. He can't beat Wladimir ever again, but just look at what he's done in the past. Unfortunately, I think Brewster's ride could be coming to an end.

9. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2004
    No, Brewster was a punching bag is whole career. It just catches up with you in time.

10. Shotgun

Shotgun Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Brewster looked roughly the same as he always does tonight. There's no doubt that the beatings he took against Wlad in the first fight, Meehan, and Lyakovich and to a lesser extent Krasniqi took something out of him

But Brewster looked basically like he always does. With the exception of the Golota fight, it's not like Brewster has ever just steamrolled quality opposition. He always took a lot of punishment and relied on his chin, heart and power to bail him out

The main difference between this fight and the first fight was Wlad. Wlad was just as dominant in the first 4 rounds in the first fight against Brewster as he was tonight. It's just that Wlad didn't come unglued in the 5th like he did the last time around. Wlad is a different fighter then than now, he's spent 3 years with one of the best trainers in the sport and is much more confident and mentally tough. In the first Brewster fight I don't think Wlad had fully recovered mentally from what happened to him against Sanders. He's now not only come back from those losses but the mental part of his game is better than ever, he's a different boxer than he was back then

11. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Brewster took a worse beating in the first fight untill Wlad totally ran out of gas. So how could you even tell? Brewster was being killed in the first fight, tonight he was just a taking a beating untill he quit.

12. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    no, I feel that Brewster 'ruined' his own career

13. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    I think it's more like Brewster continued lack of defense wore him down in the end.

No doubt the guy has a quality chin, but too often he just relied on that to get him through. He always had a habit of eating jabs like they were going out of fashion, and that's caught up with him.

14. T.S.

T.S. T.Stout Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Wlad just sealed the deal.
    Brew has some serious swelling on his head right now I hope nothing detached up there.
    As a fighter stick a fork in him he's well done.

15. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Yes, seems that way. It was a question about how he'd be able to cope after the eye damage and a long layoff, and if this is the answer...then he's better off retiring with as much of his health intact as possible.