Do you have bad dreams about any fights/fighters? Or recurring boxing dreams of any other kind?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Ouch! I'd rather be a chair in Andy Ruiz's house!

Pugguy and djanders like this.
  2. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    You know you're watching too much boxing when you're dreaming about Vicente Rondon.

3. Truthmachine

Truthmachine New Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I've had a couple of dreams where I've fought Floyd Mayweather. In my dreams, I'm a tall, rangy fighter with good footwork and reflexes that's winning the fight with the jab. Mayweather is super hard to hit, but has trouble mounting any kind of offense of his own.

For whatever reason, I've also had a few dreams about a Mayweather / Zab Judah rematch where Mayweather hunts down and dominates the hell out of Judah from the start.

As for bad dreams, I had a real disturbing dream once about Ali where he was beaten in the ring with bars of soap, like Gomer Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. The dream ends with him lying alone in a dark, empty ring, crying in pain.

4. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Drago killing Creed traumatized me for a while

djanders likes this.
  5. Naseem Muhammed

Naseem Muhammed Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2021
    U think that’s too much? I’ve had countless boxing dreams lmao

6. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
  7. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    cross_trainer likes this.
  8. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 I’m become seeker of milk Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    I had one where I was a place holder for LaMotta in "Raging Bull" and all my worst moments played in that black and white compilation It was oddly peaceful.

9. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I had a dream about 1982 Gentleman Gerry Cooney totally dismantling 1988 Mike Tyson in the 1st round, then I woke up and apologized, Ha,Ha,Lol.

10. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I'd often wondered whether you got PTSD from your fight with Dempsey. Now I know.

11. JWSoats

JWSoats Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Back in 1995 I had obtained tickets for my father and me to the annual Boxing Writers' Awards and dinner program in New York City at which time George Foreman was to receive the Fighter of the Year award for regaining the heavyweight championship ttwenty years after losing it. If I had the chance, I wanted to tell him that he was the finest example I knew of "if any man be in Christ he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."(2 Corinthians 5:17) The night before the event I had a dream that I started to tell the champ that, and my father was stricken with some kind of serious attack as he stood nearby. I woke up badly shaken and the dream seemed so real that it was several minutes before I realized that it was only a dream. So now, what do I do with this? I told my father about the dream and we prayed about it. We decided to go ahead and say what I wanted to say while we prayed for protection for dad. I had my chance to speak to the champ just as we started dinner, and he chuckled and said "Thank you, that's very kind of you to tell me that." He gave me an autograph and even struck a fighting pose for my camera. And dad was not stricken at all. Later both of us were photographed with the heavyweight champion. Truly a night to remember!

cross_trainer likes this.
  12. AtomBlitz96

AtomBlitz96 The Blitzer! banned Full Member

Feb 3, 2022
    Dreamed everyone above MW learned to punch LMAO I am a big guy for my weight even though I am about 96lbs you wouldn't believe how many people are thinking I am pushing 135lbs I do hit like one anyway it's all in the form which Monzon had zero of he was all arms and shoulders no form nothing to run from he could have used me in his gym typical big guy syndrome muscling every punch LMAO

13. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
  14. AtomBlitz96

AtomBlitz96 The Blitzer! banned Full Member

Feb 3, 2022
    So funny yet you know so little at 5ft2.5 and 106lbs you’d have to wonder how much power I can produce relative to my size? though I’d say being muscle bound has never effected me and if I had to say if I was a bodybuilder I’d be successful I do have a good V taper so I’ve gotta ask how many middleweights do you see punching half as good as the “little guys” I hate the name, “little guys” yeah because Khaosai Galaxy was small I’m actually bigger tbh in terms of density maybe not appearance but yeah most middleweights are all shoulders and arms sad stuff that people idolise them as the “blend” of good boxing traits when it belongs to the featherweights

15. Rafaman

Rafaman Active Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2015
    In my 20s when I was training 5 days a week I would commonly wake up to the sound of the speed bag. I was practicing on it as I slept I saw the variations of my wrist angles and on which part of the fist hit the bag as part of the dream.

I would throw punches a lot when sleeping. Twice I hit my wife by accident in the arm.

I would dream about street fights. Particularly being confronted by other people as I progressed in my training and my self belief increased the dreams changed from me being scared to be winning and hurting these people. I would think just like a spar even though it was a full on dream I would slip see openings and connect with real power. Then I stopped having them because when they started I would say to myself in the dream the average person hasn’t trained for 15 years what are you afraid of and the dream would shift to non boxing things .

Journeyman92 likes this.