Do you Predict a Riot on May 19th in Leeds?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Apr 20, 2018.

1. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Frank Warren has put a recipe for disaster on the cards:

- 20,000 angry Leeds hooligans packing a stadium
    - They wont KSAB
    - Will be expecting a Warrington KO
    - When Lee Selby boxes him to a boring UD there will be SERIOUS unrest

At best none of those "fans" will ever attend a boxing event again. Josh will be ruined, the crowd will turn on him. Will have to leave Leeds forever for his own safety.

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    if he puts in a good performance which I think he will it'll be fine

fa cup final that day aswell

3. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think Warrington's workrate will make sure the fight isn't boring. He seems right up for the challenge and fancies his chances. Selby has the better skill-set, no doubt, but I see it being a close fight. Warrington will put the pressure on him every round. If Selby's at his best he wins, but when was the last time he was at his best? I think Warrington is a very live underdog.

lencoreastside and @Maley like this.
  4. JordanK2406

JordanK2406 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    If selby wins the fans would probably be start scrapping with each other like it’s leeds vs millwall. (Football reference)

5. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    people were making selby out to be the next mayweather at one point, he's very beatable and has looked pants in his last couple of fights. warrington on the other hand seems to be coming into good form and that's why I like this fight. its a good clash of styles, warrington with his non stop pressure for 12 rounds against a flashy unorthodox fighter.

it should be a good fight, I think it will go the distance and Selby will kepp his title possible by sd

6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Agree it will be a snooze fest in the ring - both bore me to tears.

Both smaller versions of Hughie 'The Running Skirt' Fury

7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Warrington won’t be able to lay a glove on him.

Selby absolutely cruises to a UD. The fans are going to be bored and are going to turn on both fighters. Can imagine loads of booing and that by the time it’s 8th round and it’s 80-72 on the scorecards and absolutely nothing is happening.

8. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I hope its a good fight, cost me a small fortune going to this one!

9. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Frank thinking he can unsettle Selby by making him go to Leeds and boxing in front of 20k. Lol. Selby is the iceman and proven road warrior. Given Frank's track record with security at events very probable to see some crowd trouble. Hopefully for all attending it will be Elland road security and not the cheapest local firm Frank could find.

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Selby not the most exciting fighter to watch and your prediction is spot on.

The Leeds fans are going to be seriously peeved off with this fight very quickly

11. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Best of luck. Have a great night! Hope your seat isn't at a "flashpoint" between rival fans. I'd have a concern if (when) Lee wins, his fans just might goad the cheesed off Leeds crowd....with predictable results......
    Come back on here and let us know how you got on, OK?

12. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Will do mate, got a floor seat so am not in the stands so hope it's decent, expensive though. Still going to Vegas as well on the 5th even thou that cheating ginger wanker has ****ed that one up.

Scissors likes this.
  13. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Can't imagine loads of Welsh going up . For whatever reason Selby is not that popular in Wales