Do you see Teofimo Lopez pulling off another surprise win against Josh Taylor?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, May 24, 2023.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Many of us, including myself, really doubted his chances against Loma before and Teo managed to pull off an upset. Seems like people are also unsure of how he does against Taylor, mainly based on his fights against Kambosos and Martin. Will this be another case of Teo being highly underestimated and perhaps surprising everyone again? I favor Taylor but I'm not doubting Teo's chances in this one.

If Teofimo Lopez manages to beat Josh Taylor convincingly it would be another huge win for him against a highly decorated fighter and it would surely put him back into the P4P spotlight.

2. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    If Teo uses his brain and boxes he has a chance

drenlou and Fourth_Horseman like this.
  3. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I really hope Teo pulls it off, Taylor is a POS

drenlou and Gareth Priest like this.
  4. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Nope. He has always been about power. Doesnt look like it carried up to the welterweight.

5. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    If he were just a boxer and just did boxing things, sure he might. But he and his pops are more interested in being famous than they are in fighting so probably not. Not an uncommon state of mind.

6. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    He has no triumph card. Against Loma he had his size and power, which for an off-night or injured Lomachenko could mean some leverage. Against prepared Taylor? Nah.

Reinhardt likes this.
  7. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Based on Teo's recent form, I would have to say: No.

Reinhardt likes this.
  8. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The old Two wins.

9. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Teo's only real hope is a dodgy decision, but even then he won't have the crowd in his favor most likely.

10. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Neither has impressed recently. Taylor shouldn't even have the belt he has. The division has been historically one of the lesser ones ... and it isn't a good one, now.

Would a win over either really be "huge?" They both got the snot beat out of them by lesser fighters.

11. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Perhaps Taylor beating Teofimo wouldn't be seen as a big win since Kambosos already handed Teo's first defeat and beat him convincingly. However, Teo beating Taylor would be a different story since Taylor is technically undefeated, was an undisputed champ, and considered as the man at 140. I'd say that warrants a lot of credit should Teo pull it off.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    Lesion of Doom likes this.
  12. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I don't know if Taylor is considered "the man" at 140. I can't recall anyone thinking he even won his last fight. You saw him last time out. If Lopez smacked him around and floored him like Catterall did would that be considered a "huge" win?

People will just say he should've moved up and not stuck around. Taylor would probably say that, too.

They're both damaged goods. That doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. I'm just saying if either loses it's not some huge win.

13. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I like his chances

Joeywill and chacal like this.
  14. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Prograis fight was too close to call. Would have lost elsewhere.

Dubblechin likes this.
  15. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Taylor should've rematched Prograis and Catterall. Especially Prograis as their 1st fight was one of my favourite fights in recent memory.