Do You Still Feel Mikey Is Elite???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    People like you kill me. He takes a harder fight to win against spence in order to duck an easier fight with loma. Loma could possibly beat garcia but he damn sure wont put a beating on him like spence did thats for damn sure nor would he shut him out like spence did. Stop this stupid **** now.

pistal47 and TheMotorCityCobra like this.
  2. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Yes he's elite. He just got beat by another elite. It's different weight classes for a reason.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    pistal47 likes this.
  3. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Broner. Mikey real champ in zero weight classes. I always said he was a prospect at best, now we’ve seen what he is.

4. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    Yeah I’m talking about the sport, elite in that sense. Obviously, like most people. Imagine taking earnings into account.. haha

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  5. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    When exactly was Mikey elite? His best win is still Salido ffs. Elite fighters don’t get smacked around by Broner and Lipinets. Mikey has at least fought someone now, but he’s still beat no one. He lost every second by being outboxed, that shouldn’t have happened if he was the smaller guy and he was elite.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    amen, brother. thats man talk.

pistal47 likes this.
  7. TheMotorCityCobra

TheMotorCityCobra Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2018
    People are insane. One loss to a bigger, elite fighter and people are bailing off the bandwagon in droves. The dude only started his career 39-0 with world titles in 4 weight classes. I mean for Christ sakes people. I was a little disappointed Mikey didn’t let his hands go more, but I’m also not the guy in the ring facing Spence. It’s really easy to say could of, should of, would of when your not the guy getting tattooed by sharp jabs and left hands, right. Mikey is absolutely, positively elite at 135 and that’s where he belongs in my opinion.

Antigoon, pistal47 and bandeedo like this.
  8. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    How dare you challenge me, you pathetic cretin?! My post, as are all of my other posts, was well measured and true. I am to this forum what gold is to metal: the standard by which all else is judged. Only kiwiman, Brighton Bomber and Serge (for humor only) are in my realm. Savvy?
    As for Mikey being elite, he is - deal with it. He is a veteran, a 4 division titlist, considered to be very well schooled and up until Spence undefeated.
    In today’s boxing world that qualifies as being elite. He’s listed on pretty much every credible P4P list. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean it’s not true.
    You need to slither back to the slime from whence you came and go back to playing with potus, dance, markant, elchicano, paranoid tomato can and the rest of the bottom feeders.
    Now run along

bandeedo likes this.
  9. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Would people still feel Spence was an 'elite' if he lost in his 5th division to bigger men like Garcia just did?? Not everyone's PAC.. Doesn't mean Garcias not an elite fighter at his correct weight's. Same with Rigo...

Stop ducking PAC Loma!

10. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    You think Mikey is a C level fighter?:facepalm:

11. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Did you see the size and strength advantage Spence had? Well yeah. Same thing with Pac/Loma. Damn, you haters cant wait to see Loma really lose.

pistal47 likes this.
  12. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Oh yes, yes! Spence is such a "G" , "warrior", "chasing greatness"

Lol he's hamburger meat now.

It was all in front of you last night. Loma's a harder fight and more embarrassing.

Spence is not fast (Thurman , Crawford and Pacquaio are all faster), and he's not a master boxer like Crawford. He's a physical force.

Yet Garcia was levels slower than Spence and very easily outboxed by him. Keep that carcass far way from The Matrix.

Jackstraw likes this.
  13. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    For me elite is becoming harder to find and harder to define.
    Promoters are in control(yes they all ways have been) but now it is easier for a fighter to justify not fighting with the ambition to be great, in fact it's becoming acceptable to choose money over legacy or greatness.
    There's a lot of reasons for this but the standout for me is that only the best against the best used to be financially worth while for both fighters and promoters, now we are living in a world where 2 youtube conmen with 6 months in the gym playing boxing generates as much as unification bouts from the past.
    the day of being elite is dying out when was the last time and fighter fought back to back contenders or fought every one of note with the ultimate goal to the best out there?

Jackstraw likes this.
  14. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Depends on how good Spence really is. Was Rigo elite? He was schooled worse.

15. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    He was at the lower levels. He is not when he is fighting above 135. And unfortunately for Mikey he can no longer make 135.