Do you think Canelo vs GGG 3 will still be a competitive fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, May 24, 2022.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Does anyone actually think this fight could still be a competitive, hard fought fight? As much as I'm tired of seeing rematches being done to death I'm quite intrigued about this fight. In a way I actually think that this is an even fight right now. GGG has slowed down and is getting old but he still has the chin and power, also hasn't lost a fight since Canelo 2. Canelo is coming off a bad loss and could have likely taken a lot out of him physically and mentally.

Their styles were made for each other, just like Pac and JMM. Both fighters know how to deal with each other after 2 fights now. The question is if GGG can pull off a JMM and finally get a deserved win, and will the loser of this fight finally retire? I can only imagine how much it would hurt Canelo if he were to lose 2 fights in a row, especially against an old GGG. And if GGG gets beat by Canelo again then it's likely we see him retire as well. Both of their careers are on the line at this point IMO.

sasto likes this.
  2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    This content is protected

cleglue1 and Flo_Raiden like this.
  3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Yes, in the first two fights Golovkin was the better of the two. He's worse now, but it will still be one of Canelo's hardest fights.

Dirsspaardis and m.s. like this.
  4. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Golovkin is all wrong for Canelo. He proved that twice already. Canelo will come out with something to prove after the Bivol loss and get hurt.

GGG will walk away from this fight as undisputed champ at 168.

5. JamesLightsOutToney

JamesLightsOutToney Respect to all boxers Full Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Just wondering, what makes you think Bivol could have taken a lot (or even a bit) of Canelo physically? He did hurt him a few times but he didn't wreck him. If anything, going up in weight might have hurt Canelo a bit, but I doubt it. It's not like he gained a lot of weight to make Cruiserweight. What's your take?

Reinhardt likes this.
  6. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    canelo should be able to stop gg. I he cant.... well...

7. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Should have worded it better honestly and I think the loss affected him mentally more so than physically. Him going up in weight and being man handled still does take something out of you physically in a way though.

JamesLightsOutToney likes this.
  8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    not with it in vegas
    why not msg
    pin ***** mf

9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bivol should have knocked that ginger midget out so he couldn't pull this nonsense move

Levook likes this.
  10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I hope GGG batters him but I don’t see it being particularly competitive. Canelo has timed this well

11. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    It will be an interesting fight at 168lb. It will be competitive many saying GGG has slowed down but then so has Canelo since moving up in weight. It's the last throw of the dice for GGG at 40 yrs old so he will be the best he can and we will see how that translates on fight night.

Salty Dog likes this.
  12. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    It could be atleast for the first 5-7 rounds due to Gennady's ring rust, poor stamina & old legs,

i must say though both of their previous fights lacked allot of Drama/Action, their fights really weren't all that entertaining especially their first bout, their 2nd fight made up for some of it in part but i still don't think they really delivered what we the public hoped, just my own opinion.

Reinhardt likes this.
  13. YCGS

YCGS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Exactly why should Canelo be able to stop him? No one, including Canelo in the 24 rounds they already went, has even dropped Golovkin.

Some guys have great beards. Look at Shane Mosely. Even well into his 40's he wasn't stopped.

14. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    40 yo and 168 pounds. Canelo should be able to knock him out. GG looks like crap since last canelo fight. Everyday he looks worse, plus he has never fought at 168. Murata is noone, and still he made gg look like vulnerable. That was unthinkable when gg was at his prime, no tomatocan could even touch him, let alone make him look vulnerable.

And mosley was stopped by mundine.

Reinhardt likes this.
  15. YCGS

YCGS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Mosely was stopped by Mundine...lol due to back spasms not by chining him. 168 is likely to help GGG against being knocked out as he will be able to retain more water. Better hydration makes him harder to KO.
    Now, I'm not saying it can't happen, it very well could. But to say it should happen is a big stretch. Saying Amir Khan should get KO'd makes sense but saying Golovkin should get KO'd? No