Do you think Loma will get a rematch Lopez again?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by woku1021, May 21, 2022.

1. woku1021

woku1021 New Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2022
    There is no other way for Loma to get back to the top of p4p.

2. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Why? If he clears out 135 how is he not p4p?

3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Lopez will never fight at 135 again.

Guy's almost as big as Shane Mosley was at lightweight and almost died playing the weight bully against Kambosos. His next fight will be at 140

Regardless Loma is still a pfp guy

4. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    He deserves one tbh. One armed much smaller Loma arguably beat him.. I'll say arguably now as everyone gets mental when I stress my opinion that he got robbed/ the following :

Loma has a good case for rounds 2, 6, 7. And therefore with 8,9,10, 11, that is 7-5 Loma. Now round 12 is a toss up but I gave to Lopez. Its a toss up because although Loma landed more shots than Lopez, Lopez landed good shots and it seems like he may have hurt Loma at one. I say seem because his legs didn't go and he could throw punches mere second after.

Rounds 2 and 6 are the areas of contention (just note there's a reason why Crawford and Andre Ward had these rounds to Loma). The commentators certainly had an effect on swaying the public as Bradley was crediting Lopez as if he was landing punches on head and body which he weren't. I had Loma landing the more purposeful head punches. Loma was landing head punches and outlanding Lopez in rounds 2 and 6.

And tbh, people say Loma wasn't doing anything rounds 1 to 6. But guess what, neither was Lopez. He couldn't cut off the ring or land clean punches in rounds 1 to 6. He was following Loma around swinging and missing. The number of head punches are literally in the single digits. It was hardly effective aggression in these rounds.

But, I've gone on a tangent, Loma is already in P4P top 5. Lopez looks like he's gone in hiding though.

sompong likes this.
  5. Renaldo's Last Stand

Renaldo's Last Stand Member banned Full Member

May 4, 2022
    Lomas what now, 42? He hasn't had a meaningful fight in nearly 3 years and he's been away at war fighting mother Russia...
    Honestly what is the point of him even coming back at this point? Unless he gets in there with another Luke Campbell type fighter, I really don't see him having much success in the ring anymore.
    The fight game has changed since he's been away. Basically he's been left behind

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Doubtful as Loma does not have the cojones to fight at 140 pounds.

7. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Time to move on. Loma got big headed and thought he would win and didn’t need a rematch clause. He’s got nobody to blame but himself. Teo beat him. That’s never going to change.

Braindamage and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  8. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The 12 round could go either way? Boy…

9. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    this :deal:
    no way López will fight again at 135.

MarkusFlorez99 and Reinhardt like this.
  10. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teo is no longer a LW, rematch won't happen even if Loma tried to chase him up (which he definitely shouldn't)

11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I think Lopez has shown he ain't fighting Loma again, and Loma has no business at 140

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    He already moved up 3 weightclasses to fight at 135 STFU. You're logic is equivalent to a hunk of sh*t.

13. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    That's the thing Loma won on number of punches landed in that round . But Lopez landed the one punch that seemed to hurt.. Again I say seem, because Lomas feet were grounded and he was throwing punches right after.

I gave round 12 to Lopez but you can't just give Lopez more credit because he punches harder (as being an absolute behemoth of a 135lber)

14. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Teofimo beat him and has moved up. If revenge is important to him he needs to move up to 140 to face Teofimo which he won’t same way he chose not to fight Mike’s or rematch Salido. When it comes to boxing I am your senior and superior. In your eyes Loma is infallible but the facts show otherwise.

15. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    maybe though i think fimo moves up and loma doesnt. however the first fight drew well and probably is lucrative though both men need to rebuild their profile a little bit with the casual fans by winning titles or winning a big fight

i could see fimo win a title at 140 and loma call him out but i feel loma has his eyes on the kambosos haney winner and winning the undisputed at 135 gives him leverage to call out lopez maybe lopez is ballsy enough to make the weight cut if the fight is big enough