Do You Think Monster Inoue Can Capture A Lightweight Title?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, Sep 10, 2023.

1. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
  2. Smokin Bert

Smokin Bert Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 8, 2013
    I don't think he could ever realistically be the true champion at 135. But, with the watered down proliferation of titles these days, he might be able to pick up a belt. If a total bum like Manuel Charr can hold a belt, an undersized (but, extremely skilled) fighter like Inoue might be able to pull it off.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I imagine that if Inoue grabs a belt at 135, it'll be a guy from 126-130 who's moved up and won a title. I don't think any of the current lightweights will be able to make 135 for more than a year or two at max except Lomachenko.

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Butler lavishes high praise on Inoue then he proceeds to, after the interviewer for some strange reason decides to raise the issue which shouldn't even be an issue, accuses Inoue of stacking

And after Floyd's recent comments where he insinuated Inoue's taking PEDs and needs to fight in the US to undergo drug testing, Butler does exactly the same thing even though Inoue is being tested and has fought in the US x 3 and the UK x 1. And I'm not sure why Inoue has to fight in the US to undergo drug testing :facepalm:

This content is protected

box33 and Jackman65 like this.
  5. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    It’s a big jump, especially considering most of the top guys walk around much heavier than 135. I’d like to see Loma Inoue before Loma gets too old. Even if the fight could take place at 135. It wouldn’t be for a belt but would be a fun fight to watch. The size difference wouldn’t be bad. I bet Inoue is closer to Loma’s weight than Loma is to Haney’s walking around weight.

Until Inoue moves up, it’s hard to tell how his power will affect much bigger guys. He’s a special fighter and I hope we see it someday. His skills are great but he doesn’t have the frame to pack on a lot of weight and still be elite , I suspect.

box33 likes this.
  6. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Damn, poor look from Butler. He was a classy gent up until now.

I don't mind these not so low key jabs, but I'd like sportwide consistency. Specifically, black fighters are never questioned.

chad_inoue and box33 like this.
  7. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    To be fair 1/3 of his 3 losses have come against a PED cheat

But he doesn't deserve fairness when he's throwing around unfounded accusations like that and sullying Inoue's good name. Interviewer is a twat too for even raising the question

box33 likes this.
  8. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Also, he, Nonito, and Pac have been the only fighters to my knowledge that have actually posted pictures of vials of blood showing testing. He did it for Nonito 2 and Fulton.

chad_inoue, box33 and Serge like this.
  9. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    This content is protected

Nevada and the Japan Boxing Commission allow the same exact technique for handwrapping, yet not a peep from Slick Boxing Fans about Crawford's wraps.

Besides, Inoue wrapped his hands the way Team Fulton demanded just appease the female dogs and ensure the fight doesn't get cancelled and he still knocked Fulton out.

chad_inoue, box33 and Serge like this.
  10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Not even sure if Bulter has undergone VADA testing. He may well have but I couldn't find any info about it on Google

And how many times has Fulton done VADA in order for him to avoid such accusations being leveled at him?

11. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    It's the whole race thing.

In a recent interview, Shakur Stevenson said he'd beat a prime Pacquiao and then quipped that Pacquiao would need to be tested. Now, despite the fact that Floyd had a needle in his arm and was hooked up to a drip in his living room while watching Moonlight, you'll never hear a fighter accuse Floyd of PED use.

12. Diagoras

Diagoras Active Member Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I thought this stacking bull**** was put to rest when:

1) Robert Garcia, Stitch Duran, Mike Bazel etc all clarified that its to protect a fighters hands & is perfectly legal under the rules of several US Boxing commissions including Vegas where most of the big fights happen

2) When Inoue wrapped it the way Fulton's team wanted in front of them & still proceeded to knock Fulton's head off

I hope someone shares this with Inoue so that if they ever meet again then Inoue can really punish Butler this time

Inoue has been VADA enrolled & tested (at least for Donaire fight). It took me 2 mins to confirm:

https://vada-testing.org/2022/06/21/naoya-inoue/

I believe he was also tested for the Fulton fight but the VADA site may not have updated on that yet

All this prejudice against Asian & Eastern European fighters smacks of xenophobia & racism to me. If Inoue was American, we would be hearing nonstop about how he was the face of Boxing blah blah blah

box33, JOKER, Serge and 1 other person like this.
  13. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah it's ridiculous.

The fact that Inoue's brother Takuma has fought exclusively out of Japan and has only registered 4 inside schedule wins from his 18 victories should've put that nonsense to bed

But the fact that Inoue also knocked the bigger Fulton out whilst wearing 'normal' wraps and having undergone VADA testing should've been the final nail in the coffin

Yeah I know Inoue has done VADA at least twice

I very much doubt Inoue and Butler will ever meet again

It certainly is that way for some no doubt

Diagoras likes this.
  14. ellerbe

ellerbe VIP Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Brother, just look at your lounge post history. It just reeks of someone who is lonely and seeks validation on a boxing forum. I was hoping when I called you out for this behavior before you would have some self awareness and stop. **** must be hard though and I don’t know what’s going on in your personal life, you good?

drenlou likes this.
  15. Diagoras

Diagoras Active Member Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Ya its funny how no one brings up the fact that Takuma has the lowest KO% of all current belt holders

Both brothers are trained by their dad & if they are doing something illegal with Inoue's wraps/gloves, then what was preventing them from doing the same with Takuma

The lengths these featherfists will go in their jealousy to discredit power they can never have

I doubt Inoue will ever read what Butler said & lucky for Butler that they will likely never meet again. I guess that's one advantage Inoue has, like Roberto Duran he doesn't know English & doesn't appear to care whatever trash is said in the Western media about him (he hasn't reacted to Floyd's trashy interview insinuating he is a PED cheat & that he needs to come fight in US though he already did 3X & Floyd himself never even fought outside Vegas)

J_metal, Serge and box33 like this.